COOPI is looking for a WaSH Expert – AICS in Ethiopia
COOPI started its operations in Ethiopia in 1995. COOPI has been taking action to improve food security among the most vulnerable groups, through the integration and diversification of livelihoods and the increase of production capacity. It has also facilitated access to clean water and has promoted efficient irrigation systems. Thanks to its projects, COOPI has improved sanitation in homes, schools and health centres and has disseminated good hygiene practices.
Purpose of the role
The WaSH Expert is:
- directly responsible for the technical implementation of the project activities;
- the prime contact with government counterparts and the donor.
Reports to the Head of Mission and the Senior WASH Advisor
- Ensures coordination with the governmental project partners and AICS for the definition of the project strategy;
- Shares the knowledge and skills related to the WASH sector within the technical work team;
- Create skills within target groups in the project area to enhance the managerial and technical skills of the local counterpart (government and community);
- Supports local counterparts (Zone and Woreda technicians) and community stakeholders in the definition of training, capacity building, awareness campaigns on sanitation practices;
- Supports local counterparts in the initial data collection, in the definition of the intervention areas and in the preparation of the technical drawings of the water infrastructures;
- Manages the inventory of materials for WASH activities and makes them available to the Donor upon request;
- Ensures that the activities are carried out in compliance with the Logical Framework and the indicators.
- Responds to COOPI’s internal solicitations on the interests of the Donor and local partners;
- Ensures the necessary visibility of the interventions of this project in national and regional platforms and in sector clusters as well as on the ground.
- Ensures technical leadership and support to ensure the project’s WASH impacts in terms of quality and accountability;
- Manages the WASH project team, coordinates with AICS and the local counterparts in the technical discussion tables;
- Mobilizes in coordination with the Country Administrator the project resources;
- Maintains and manages relations with the Donor, local counterparts, stakeholders and NGOs and Agencies operating in the South West Shewa area in relation to the WASH sector;
- Ensures coordination between the field and COOPI coordination office in Addis Ababa.
- Any other task necessary for the good and timely implementation of the projects, identified in agreement with AICS and COOPI.
- Experience in coordinating WaSH activities on the field in development and / or emergency contexts;
- Proven professional knowledge and / or training in WaSH;
- Knowledge of GIS (QGIS);
- High computers skills (Spreadsheet);
- Knowledge of 3D CAD;
- Experience in civil works design and supervision;
- Experience in hydraulic works (rural water supply);
- Experience in data collection with smart phone (KoBo or others);
- Experience in water scheme management;
- Experience in water schemes financial sustainability;
- Solid knowledge of issues transversal to the WASH sector (including Gender; Environment; Vulnerable Groups);
- Proficency in english language.
- Experience in ToR preparation;
- Pre-Kap, post-KAP, H&S activities organization;
- Analytical ability of needs, gaps and opportunities in relation to project activities;
- Proven experience of capacity building and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes;
- Good written and oral knowledge of Italian.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.