Position Title: Executive Assistant
Duty Station: Qatar
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term, Six Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 30 April 2021
Reference Code: QA 2021-01
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is Committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the incumbent will perform the following functions as Executive Assistant to the (CoM).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Chief of Mission’s appointments, maintain up to date agenda, arrange for meetings within and outside the organization, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion.
- Maintain protocol procedures and updated database of contacts of government officials, members of diplomatic entities, UN agencies and other partners.
- Assist in the translation of official documents addressed to the CoM from Arabic into English and vice versa.
- Handle the logistics of travel duties of the CoM, including Travel Authorization preparation, security clearance request, visa application, hotel reservation, daily subsistence allowance calculation, medical clearance and expense claim preparation, and make the necessary arrangements in coordination with the mission’s travel unit and other relevant units.
- Receive and manage daily incoming correspondence, mails, and all documentation addressed to CoM; read and analyse the content to determine their significance and inform the CoM accordingly.
- Organize, coordinate and liaise with IOM Headquarters, Regional Office and partners as appropriate on the CoM’s travels (within and outside of duty station) and ensure that the CoM has all necessary documents and information for each event.
- Prepare and edit business documents, correspondence and directives, on behalf of CoM for signature and follow-up when required.
- Screen documents presented to CoM for signature to check the relevant signatures and supporting documents are present.
- Take minutes of meetings. Follow-up on the implementation of the decisions of CoM and ensure all administrative requirements have been fulfilled and coordinated, as necessary.
- Handle the logistics preparation and implementation of all workshops, seminars and receptions. Assist in the organization of other events as well as preparation of the estimated cost of each event to be included in the budget and funding requests.
- Arrange and set up all conference calls.
- Keep up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines that have a bearing matters related to programme, ensuring compliance with IOM and Donor policies and procedures;
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration or related field with five years of experience in general administrative tasks.
- Experience in drafting and preparing clear and concise correspondences.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions, Non-Governmental Organization, donors, UN agencies, and other developmental partners and civil society actors.
- Experience with project planning and monitoring is an advantage
- Experience working in the United Nations system is an advantage.
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook) in particular experience in computerized accounting systems including SAP application.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity, respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in English – Personal History Form or CV and a Cover Letter to HRQatar@iom.int by April 30, 2021 midnight at the latest.
In the email include “QA 2021-01 Executive Assistant” in the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
21.04.2021 to 30.04.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.