The position is to be filled by October 1, 2021, with a contract duration of two years. The position is at 60% part-time employment and home-based with readiness for deployment within 48 hours.
As Expert Emergency Response Team, you will be part of the Emergency Response Team (ERT), Welthungerhilfe’s (WHH) surge team, which is managed by WHH Humanitarian Directorate. WHH’s ERT is comprised of nine humanitarian experts who are home-based but are globally deployable for a period of up to three months to reinforce WHH country offices when in-country resources are insufficient to tackle an anticipated or ongoing crisis, or when WHH launches a response in a country or area with no operational presence.
You will be responsible for bringing immediate relief to people affected by crisis and supporting the progression of their recovery process. You will also contribute to the on-going strengthening of our country offices and our partners by providing technical advice in one of the following sectors: food security, nutrition, WASH, all with strong linkages to CVA in early action, preparedness, and response phases, thus contributing to a quicker, more effective response with a larger impact. Additionally, contributions to and support of the conceptual and strategic development of WHH and especially the Humanitarian Directorate will also constitute a part of your job.
- Putting Welthungerhilfe’s humanitarian strategy and commitments into action
- Supporting the organization in delivering humanitarian assistance through leading assessments, planning, designing, implementing, and monitoring programme activities
- Setting up, developing, and managing offices in non-WHH programme countries, incl. programme support functions
- Developing and elaborating project applications for emergency aid projects to be carried out with donors (e.g., GFFO, ECHO, FCDO, OCHA)
- Providing technical advice and trainings within the specific sectors of WASH, Food Security or Nutrition, considering CVA as an implementation modality
- Supporting country teams and partners to develop their capacity for early action, preparedness and response
- Taking over the role of a Head of Project, Head of Programme, Sector Advisor etc. in COs in protracted crisis if required
- Representing the organisation at humanitarian coordination, networks and other relevant fora
- Developing and identifying relevant guidelines, minimum requirements and develop practicable implementation instruments within the specific sectors of WASH, Food Security and Nutrition
- Contributing to learning and knowledge management by sharing of good humanitarian practice both internally and externally
- A university or polytechnical degree in a relevant field
- At least five years of professional experience in emergency relief and/or development cooperation in the fields of project implementation and development in WASH, Nutrition or Food Security
- Experience in implementing emergency response through CVA
- Experience in leading multi-cultural teams under difficult conditions and with tight deadlines
- Proven successes in relationship building and funding acquisition regarding institutional donors
- In-depth knowledge of international and national humanitarian coordination mechanisms.
- Willingness to be on call in the event of an acute disaster (leaving within 48 hours of being alerted) as well as ensuring readiness for deployments of up to 3 months to support projects already underway at home and abroad
- Willingness to work in situations with high security risk, very heavy workload and under extreme living and working conditions
- Proficiency in English and French both written and spoken; German and other language skills an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
**Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 25, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Barbara Kürsten. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.