A day in the life of a Field Accountant in South Sudan
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is at the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and prayer and from there we go into our work empowered to make a difference in the world. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and serve people to make an eternal impact.
A Field Accountant with Samaritan’s Purse in South Sudan is responsible for implementing and coordinating all financial accounting, expenditures, bookkeeping and payroll related to the specific programs and projects. This is a key support role that keeps our programs running smoothly as we work to serve and bring transformation in a hurting community.
- Maintains functions including recording all cash, check and bank transfer transactions, maintain cash and bank ledgers, monitor cash advances and field expense reports, reconcile cash on hand and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Maintains a close and cooperative working relationship with fellow financial staff and the Finance Manager.
- Provides support to Base Manager and/or Program Managers with regard to financial policies/practices and related areas as required.
- Ensures contracts are current on all rental properties, facilities, and vehicles.
- Identifies areas for financial and administrative improvement and works to implement feasible improvements.
Check out why people love serving with Samaritan’s Purse: https://bit.ly/2F8Nom5
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in finance or related field and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Job Location: South Sudan
Type (Full-Time/Part-Time/Associate): Full-Time
Restrictions (Accompanied/Non-Accompanied): Non-Accompanied
Language Requirement: English Fluency is required
Travel Expectations: This is a field based location with frequent travel between the field and the office and Juba.
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year