The Field Coordinator will be expected to lead the operational aspects of the field base in Kabala including management, team coordination, relationship with local institutions and partners, logistics and security. The post holder will play a key role in building capacity at field level, and in the effective implementation of our projects.
GEOGRAPHICAL SCOPE OF INTERVENTION:
The successful candidate will be based in Kabala, Koinadugu District, Sierra Leone.
The successful candidate will report to the Country Coordinator and will work in coordination with the team in our base in Kabala. He/she will be the direct line manager for the Project Coordinator, Administrator and Logistics Officer.
Base Management and representation:
· Ensure adequate information flow within the different members of the team.
· Oversee the compliance of MdM protocols and procedures.
· In close coordination with the General Coordinator, s/he will promote good working relationships with our partners, local authorities and communities in the districts of Koinadugu and Falaba. Enhance a good and close relationship with all partners in the area.
· Participate and be part of the International Network
· Participate in the Steering Group of the International Network when required
· Supervise and ensure good implementation of our programs in the Koinadugu and Falaba, regarding all its areas: technical, budgetary, logistical and administrative.
· Ensure integration of MdM approaches in our programs (Human Rights, Gender, and Antropological).
· Enhance and ensure team communication to implement projects efficiently.
· Keep a permanent dialogue with local authorities, key stakeholders, local NGOs and communities; actively participating and promoting meetings with them.
· Guarantee compliance of MdM policies and procedures, as well as donors’ regulations of all on going and new projects in the area.
· Ensure ongoing update and context analysis, including possible risks and emergencies.
· Monitor and update the needs of target population.
· Identify and formulate new proposals, including budgeting, with the local team and in coordination with the General Coordinator with the collaboration of local partners and target communities.
· Participate on the mission strategic development.
· Support and supervise the Project Coordinator to guarantee an effective plan of activities that allows proper and timely implementation of projects.
· Ongoing report to the Country Coordinator.
· Preparation of internal and external reports to be submitted on time to the Country Coordinator.
· Ensure proper implementation of logistics procedures, including MdM vehicles´ management and maintenance, as well as office safety and good maintenance.
· Ensure application of MdM procedures and donors’ regulations, so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
· Promote and support the staff to establish methodologies and tools to systematize work in the base.
· Budget control in coordination with the Admin Officer, the Logistics officer, and the Project Coordinator. Ensure financial needs are well planned according to activities workplan and base needs.
Human Resource Management
· Responsible to guarantee appropriate working conditions in the base.
· Ensure that the human resources needed for the mission and project implementation are adequate and available for a good performance and achievement of results and objectives committed.
· Ensure application of MdM HR management policies and procedures, as well as national regulations.
· Participate in the selection of the HR in the base and their integration in the team.
· Ensure adequate information and communication within the team, including familiarization with all policies and ensuring their implementation by the team.
· Reinforce local team’s capacities through close ongoing follow up and supervision, clarification of functions, performance reviews, identification of training needs and capacity building.
· With the Project Coordinator handle team conflict resolution.
Safety and Security Management
· Guarantee the team security and safety, in accordance with MDM security plan & rules.
· Ensure security guidelines are communicated and adhered to by the whole Kabala team.
· Support the Country Coorinator in the development of appropriate security guidelines, proactively networking and monitoring the security situation in the areas.
· Ensure timely and accurate security incident reports are sent to the Country Coordinator.
· Academic: University degree or diploma.
· Masters in: International Cooperation /Gender/ Public Health /Environmental health /Humanitarian Aid desirable.
Language requirements: Fluent English and Spanish (written and spoken).
Computer requirements: Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office and internet.
· The successful candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience in coordination positions, including project planning and budgeting and proposals and report writing.
· Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives, and indicators etc.).
· Experience managing staff.
· Previous work on international development in similar contexts, particularly in Africa, will be considered an asset.
· Understanding and adherence to humanitarian and international development principles.
· Strong commitment with the values, principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo.
· Strict compliance with the organization protocols and procedures.
· Adaptability, cultural awareness and integration.
· Ability to work in challenging living conditions (isolated area).
· Proactive and capacity to take initiative.
· Ability to work under minimum supervision.
· Organizational rigor and skills.
· Networking skills
· Proven capacity for personnel leadership and management.
· Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills with experience in managing teams.
· Strong problem solving.
· Excellent reporting skills.
Immediately: 4 months**
Medicos del Mundo’s Salary charts