Field Manager (National Contract)
The post holder is responsible for the overall management of Save the Children programs and field operations in Abyei areas, supporting the achievements of contractual obligations and program objectives, including from monitoring of field budgets and expenditures, ensuring proper maintenance and use of project equipment and vehicles, project activity implementation, monitoring and evaluation, liaising with implementing partners and local government.
The Field Manager will support improved coordination with partner organizations and will assist the Area Program Manager in expanding the Save the Children program activities and presence in his/her respective field office of operation.
In consultation with the program officers/managers and technical specialists, the Field Manager will be responsible for determining the staffing needs for the field office, including local staff recruitment and hiring as appropriate, orientation of new staff, continual coordination and training of project staff and regular supervision towards refinement, development, and expansion of program activities.
Under the overall guidance of the Area office, the Field Manager oversees all aspects of activities in the field office including finance, local procurement, inventory, logistics, and communications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE/Skills:
- University degree in Management, Administration, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing field locations for a NGO; 2-3 years working with an NGO
- Advanced knowledge of budgets and logistical activities
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to coach others and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in insecure environments is critical.
- Experience in facility management
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and frustrating working circumstances is required.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Previous experience in working in remove and insecurity areas.
Contract Duration: 12 Months-with possibility of extensions
Location: Abyei-South Sudan
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://southsudan.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4zOTg5OC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20