Job Title: Field Processing Manager
Grade: 9 (I)
Level: Level 2 Manager
Section: Field Processing
Location: Kampala, Uganda
This position is responsible for overseeing all United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Field Processing activity at the RSC Africa Kampala office. This includes managing workflow within the Pre-screening and Adjudications teams and collaborating with other program departments. This position ensures that RSC Africa processing priorities and targets are met and that standard operating procedures are strictly followed. The position is a member of the RSC Africa Leadership Team.
This position directly supervises the Field Processing Supervisors and indirectly supervises the Field Processing staff.
This position reports directly to the Program Coordinator, Kampala Uganda.
- Ensures all refugee case processing functions within the Field Processing Department strictly adhere to the DOS/BPRM, USCIS, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for processing of refugees eligible for the US Refugee Admissions Program in sub-Saharan Africa and specifically ensures their designated SOP is up to date and adhered to.
- Conducts job function observations of field processing staff to ensure compliance is met and identifies any areas of improvement or training needs.
- Conducts regular process reviews to compare requirements vs. current processing and outputs.
- Travels to field locations to monitor processing, conduct performance evaluations and meet with partners and vendors.
Data Management and Analysis
- Closely monitors the movement of cases through the Pre-USCIS pipeline, ensuring cases are being processed and presented according to USRAP priorities. **
- Creates Pre-screening and USCIS circuit ride projections for partners, in coordination with the Field Processing Managers, Field Processing Coordinator and Deputy Director.**
- Acts as the point person for staff inquiries relating to processing a case.
- Develops and implements department specific pipeline analysis to inform workload projections and staffing and to anticipate future workloads.**
- Manages reports and quality control checks that ensure accuracy and efficiency as well as their use. **
- Establishes effective communication systems regarding data and ensures reports are accurate and efficient.**
- Ensures annual plan and strategic planning goals are met as communicated by the Field Processing Coordinator.**
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with RSC implementing partners, including PRM, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, RPC and domestic Resettlement Agencies.
- Ensures partner communication from the department is professional, timely and proactive.
- Represents organizational policies and culture to staff.
- Ensures the workforce is professional when representing CWS/RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder and colleagues.
Performance Management **
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to the Field Processing Supervisors, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.**
- Develops and implements training modules for Field Processing staff, in coordination with the Training unit, and ensures that staff receive cross training on different aspects of refugee processing, and that they are monitored and evaluated.**
- Ensures that QCs are being conducted and feedback is being provided to staff and/or other departments.**
- Ensures coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.**
- Ensures establishment of performance expectations and communication, on-boarding and training.**
- Develops performance management systems that support consistency in work outputs.**
- Travels to processing locations throughout the region to monitor teams and build partner relationships.**
- Evaluates and assesses training needs of Field Processing and takes the lead in organizing and providing trainings on a regular basis.**
- Monitors staff time and attendance.**
- Monitors and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Ensures direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
- Actively support staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
- Establishes and communicates clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
- Ensures staff are safe in the field by coordinating with the RSC Staff Security Coordinator and disseminating information related to safety to staff in the field.
Program Administration **
- Ensures the deployment of Field Processing staff and resources to ensure timely flow of cases, in coordination with Programs Management.
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Eight (8) years of work experience is required
- Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience is required
· Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and WRAPS database
· Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
· Excellent English writing skills and clear communications style
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
The Field Processing Manager must have the ability to:
- exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the field;
· travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and often under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program;
· communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail.
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa.
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources; and
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.**
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) required before the start of employment.
A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
How to apply
Click on CWS Career Site: – https://cws-careers.vibehcm.com/