Nonviolent Peaceforce (NP) works to reduce violence and protect civilians in countries affected by conflict, and build peace side-by-side with communities. Staff must understand and embody NP’s principle of non-partisanship.
Job Title: Field Project Assistant (FPA)
Function: Logistics and administration
Location: Hawija and Kirkuk
Administrative Line Manager: Team Leader
The objective of this position is to provide logistical support to the team. The FPA is responsible for supporting operations for the team, under the direction of the Team Leader. As with all field staff, the FPA will contribute information regarding security and general context updates. The FPA is tasked with ensuring the Field Office and NP vehicles are equipped, maintained and secure. In addition, the FPA provides administrative support to the team.
- Lead on raising procurement requests with the Operations Department;
- Manage procurement processes and relationships with contractors and suppliers;
- Ensure that invoices, bills and other financial documents comply with NP guidelines and policies;
- Under the supervision of the Team Leader manage assets including equipment and materials in both the guesthouse and the office;
- Provide direct support to the Team Leader on the organising of vehicle movements, using up-to-date security information;
- Responsible for oversight of vehicle maintenance in the field offices including ensuring that all vehicles have: spare tire, first aid kits, emergency tool kit, emergency contact numbers, copies of access letters;
- Organising the rotation and allocation of drivers for movements, if directed by the Team Leader;
Office & Guesthouse Management:
- Support the Team Leader in the day-to-day running of offices and proactively improve the office environment, including by suggesting changes and adjustments;
- Oversee any upgrading/maintenance work on NP premises to ensure they meet security standards and protocols;
- Ensure that caretaker and guards have all the necessary tools and working conditions to smoothly implement cleaning and maintenance services in the field;
- Perform any other work duties assigned by the Team leader
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to support field staff when required;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Creative problem-solving capabilities;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
- Understanding and appreciation of NP’s non-partisan approach to working in Iraq;
- Understanding and appreciation of the importance of confidentiality;
- Understanding and appreciation of the importance of representing NP, both during and outside of scheduled work hours;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, with different cultural norms;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office essential;
- Strong English language abilities (both verbal and written) are essential
- This position is open to nationals of Iraq only
- Local relationships and knowledge of Hawija context is required
Nonviolent Peaceforce is committed to achieving gender balance in its staff at all levels. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. All qualified applicants, regardless of their gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, or age, are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Nonviolent Peaceforce acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of employees, contractors, volunteers, interns, beneficiaries and other stakeholders and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice in the Humanitarian and Development sector.
How to apply
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to visit our website at https://nonviolentpeaceforce.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=63&source=aWQ9MjE%3D and send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter.
- The closing date for applications is Saturday, 21 August 2021
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Candidates may be identified before the closing date.
- Only nationals will be considered for the position. Candidates from Hawija or Kirkuk are highly desired.