About us: The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private, non-denominational development agencies that share a mission to improve the living conditions and opportunities for marginalized communities across some target countries in Africa and Asia. AKF was established by His Highness the Aga Khan in Switzerland in 1967 and AKF work in East Africa started in 1974. In Uganda, AKF operates a multi-sectoral portfolio that includes programming in Education, Economic Inclusion, Civil Society, Health and Early Childhood Development predominantly in the Central and West Nile Regions.
Foundations for Learning (F4L) is funded by Global Affairs Canada with the core objective of equipping a new generation of learners, teachers, school leaders, families, communities, civil society organizations, and government leaders with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values needed to promote more gender responsive and pluralist quality education systems for all in Uganda.
Working with 200 Schools communities in the districts of Arua and Yumbe West Nile, F4L will: Transform unequal gender norms and power dynamics in and through education, Increase access to more gender responsive, pluralist quality educational opportunities for marginalized girls, enhance the professional knowledge and skills of teachers and school leaders to provide more gender responsive, pluralist learning environments and experiences for marginalized girls and boys, foster more gender responsive, and pluralist education systems by designing new inclusive models for education improvement with government schools during the foundational years of learning, engage more families, households, and communities to transform beliefs, attitudes, and practices to actively support gender equity and equality in and through education, Influence future education policies and practices through evidence generation and communications that promote more gender responsive, pluralist education at scale, empower more girls by reducing gender and social barriers to educational access, transition, and performance rates and Connect schools with health and nutrition resources to equip learners, particularly girls, with the knowledge and skills needed to live safer, healthier lives.
AKF is looking for a well-qualified professional to fill the position to be based in Yumbe.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and verify documents for requisition of services to ensure adherence to procurement policies and guidelines.
- Maintain a procurement schedule/tracking tool aligned to the various work plans.
- Source for quotations from pre-qualified suppliers and negotiate for best prices and value.
- Prepare comparative bid analysis with recommendations & justification and facilitate approval.
- Raise LPOs for approval and issue the same to vendors /suppliers.
- Receive and verify the goods supplied to Unit.
- Compile documentation to support payment of goods and services rendered to AKF.
- Generate various procurement reports as guided.
- Support in the vendor/supplier pre-qualification exercise & coordinate service tender/RFQ processes
- Liaise with the Area Finance Officer to ensure timely processing of payments, VAT claims and DA1 forms (in case of tax exemption/refund claims).
- Management of office cash imprest, review cash payment request and prepare cash payment vouchers.
- Manage fixed assets inventory and registers.
- Support the program team in management of activity advances including participant’s verification and carrying out facilitation payments at activity sites.
- Pre –review /check activity advance requests, accountabilities and reports, staff claims and accountabilities for activity advances.
- Check time sheets to ensure staff have correctly recorded their time and allocated it appropriate grants and projects.
- Review vehicle movement log sheet and allocate costs to appropriate cost centres/projects.
- Support the Area Finance Offer to ensure orderly filing and maintenance of accounting vouchers and transactions support documents.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Finance Option)
- At least two (2) years financial administration experience.
- Ability to use own initiative and actively look for opportunities to have an impact rather than simply be reactive.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PPT and other relevant software and tools
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team; and
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Local national candidates strongly preferred
- Willingness to be based in the field, travelling to remote locations is a must.
How to apply
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a two-page cover letter and a maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees by 4.30pm on 4 June 2021
Click on the link to apply: www.akdn.org/careers
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“AKF Is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.”
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)