Title: Finance and Administration Manager – The Gambia, Senegal and Cameroon
Responsible to: Cluster Lead and Country Director, The Gambia, Senegal and Cameroon
Responsible for: Finance and Office Support Staff
Base: Banjul, The Gambia
Contract type: Fixed term contract, 2 years
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Aim of the role:
The post holder will be responsible for overall:
- Financial management
- Human Resources Management
- Logistic, IT & Procurement
Based in our main office in the Gambia, they will manage the day-to-day operation of the office and remotely manage other field offices. The role involves working closely with the Country Director to ensure compliance with policies and systems and improve them where required, evaluate and develop staff, and support wider decision making through the Senior Coordination Team.
- Ensure that UP’s financial procedures are up to date. Ensure the financial procedures are complied with in all programmes and good systems are developed to accommodate the needs of those programmes.
- Prepare regular reports on the financial status of the programme. This will require managing cash flow and ensuring sufficient funds are available.
- Approve donor reports and make sure they comply with donor requirements and reconcile with PMR, Sage and the UK ledger.
- Recruitment and selection of all Finance and Office Support Staff, in conjunction with the Country Director.
- Manage the performance of staff in line with performance agreements/job descriptions and UP policies and evaluate performance against agreed objectives.
- Ensuring compliance with all national laws including the labour and tax laws.
- Responsibility for ensuring implementation and adherence to UP’s (and donor) procurement policy.
- To promote a positive culture of information sharing which leads to concerns being raised and effective safeguarding processes being followed.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Professional qualification in accounting – ACCA or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience in a financial management position.
- At least 5 years of staff and supervisory experience, including direct supervision of a staff team and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables.
- At least 3 years experience supervising an organisations’ administrative systems and processes (HR, procurement, contract management, logistics and IT).
- Experience or familiarity with NGO sector, especially with major donor financial reporting and auditing requirements.
- Experience of working in a developing country, especially West Africa.
Please visit our website https://united-purpose.org/vacancies to view the full list of responsibilities and person specification.
United purpose takes the safety and well-being of all those we work with, and our staff, very seriously and we have a zero tolerance policy on any form of abuse.
Our commitment to protect people from harm is reflected in our safeguarding policy which all candidates are expected to comply with.
How to apply
How to apply:
To apply for this role please send your CV, and a short covering letter to: email@example.com by Sunday 15th August 2021 quoting ‘Finance and Administration Manager’ in the subject line.
In the cover letter, please ensure to explain the following:
- Why you are applying for the position
- How your skills and experience meet the person specification
All applications will be acknowledged but only successful applications will be contacted further.
If you would like to discuss the role before applying, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us firstname.lastname@example.org