Finance and Administration Manager,
USAID Central Africa Regional Third-Party Monitoring Project, Democratic Republic of the Congo
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 40-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
This three-year USAID Central Africa Regional Third Party Monitoring (CART) project will establish independent, impartial, timely, responsive, contextualized, and forward-looking third party monitoring (TPM) and operational support services. CART will provide a comprehensive range of verification and outcome monitoring and learning services that will increase USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance’s and its implementing partners understanding of the outputs, outcomes, progress, challenges, successes, results, and lessons learned for both emergency and non-emergency activities within CAR, DRC and ROC. This project seeks to improve USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance’s capability to utilize humanitarian assistance resources to ameliorate the drivers of poverty and malnutrition characterized by complex emergencies within the region.
**Please note: All Citizenships are eligible for this position
The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) will have primary responsibility for financial and administrative management for the project; supervision and oversight of all financial and administrative support staff; and establishment of the systems, procedures, and training of staff required to ensure compliance with USAID and MSI policies and regulations. They will provide management support and oversight in the implementation of all project activities in the areas of finance, human resources, administration, security, transportation, and procurement in the project’s Kinshasa and Bangui offices. The FAM will supervise the operations team, including procurement and logistics manager, human resources manager, security manager, accountant, and administrative assistant. This position will be based in Kinshasa, DRC and under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP).
Finance and Administration:
- Ensure day-to-day running of the financial/administrative/operations activities through the supervision/management of staff.
- Oversee systems for providing financial, administrative, and operational support to staff at all levels.
- Design, implement and maintain effective internal controls.
- Oversee the recording, documenting, and reporting of all financial transactions, including the preparation of monthly financial expense reports, cash and bank reconciliation statements, tracking of advances and liquidations, and review of monthly payroll.
- Manage contract budget in coordination with MSI home office.
- Prepare financial reports for submission to MSI and USAID.
- Provide training to field staff in both offices on project procedures, including building the capacity of project staff in the area of finance, administration, and project management.
- Support the COP to recruit project staff as needed, participating in interviews and candidate selection.
- Oversee preparation of monthly payroll, including computation of income tax and pension contributions & other fringe benefits.
- Monitor effective maintenance of up-to-date personnel records.
- Provide staffing reports and other HR data to HQ upon request.
Operations and Management:
- Lead procurement efforts of the project, including selection and negotiation with vendors, and the management of subcontractors on the project.
- Review purchase requisitions and purchase orders, ensuring adequate funds, expense authorization, supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts, and control over payments.
- Ensure MSI registration in both CAR and the DRC is up to date with the relevant authorities.
- Ensure compliance of procurement and field accounting policies and procedures, including adherence to USAID rules and regulations (AIDAR & FAR).
- Manage procedures and staff developing project inventory and property lists, ensuring their accuracy and timely reviews and updates.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, business administration, finance or a related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant work experience supporting USAID- funded contracts required.
- Minimum four years of experience managing teams working on USG or other international donor funded projects preferred.
- A minimum of a two year commitment is required.
- Supervisory experience, including administrative management of local subcontractors, grantees or local staff, strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in USAID contracting, USAID ADS, FAR, AIDAR and other USG international regulations, especially as they relate to contracting and procurement required.
- Previous professional work experience supporting development or humanitarian assistance programs in sub-Saharan Africa preferred.
- Experience work and living in sub-Saharan Africa is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work and travel to multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients, subcontractors, partners and colleagues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible.
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and team management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and excellent budgeting skills required.
- Advanced language proficiency in French and English required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Please submit application by no later than September 06, 2021.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com