Come and join Magenta, at the forefront of Behaviorial Change Communications, a fast-grow- ing global company in the development sector. We are hiring a Finance and Administration Officer to join our team.
Location: Based in La Marsa, Tunis, Tunisia
Reporting Manager: Commercial Manager
Fill date: ASAP
Salary: 800 – 1,400 USD/ month depending on experience
Magenta is a Social and Behavioural Change research and communications agency, estab- lished by a multi-cultural team of development, research and behavioural change communi- cations experts. We aim to make a positive impact to the way governments, institutional do- nors and development agencies achieve their policy and programme objectives. We combine the latest in behavioural science principles with a rigorous approach to strategy, campaign design and implementation. We help our partners to be more efficient, achieve scale and sus- tainability, and positive, long-lasting social change.
Magenta is split into three business units; Middle East, Asia (both based in Amman, Jordan) and Africa (based in Tunis). The primary responsibilities of the Finance and Administration Officer is to be the accountant for the whole company and to provide administrative support to the Africa team (currently 5 people).
The position will work under the guidance of the Commercial Manager (based in Amman) for all finance tasks, and will have some guidance from the Operations Manager (based in Am- man) for Admin tasks. We are looking for an exceptional individual who is a fast learner, dynamic, organised and eager to continuously find ways to make things more efficient and productive for the Magenta team. Key will also be able to work remotely from day to day su- pervisor. This role has huge growth potential, in what is a fast-growing organisation.
- Prepare, record and enter all Magenta’s transactions (account receivables / payables) into accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics Business Central).
- Ensure compliance with Standard Accounting Principles, auditing requirement and Magenta policies and procedures.
- Reconciliation of accounts (Account Payable/ Receivable, vendors, bank, staff expenses, etc.) and preparation of reconciliation reports.
- Prepare payroll and calculation, deduction, and reconciliation of Income tax and social se- curity. With assistance of HR.
- Support preparation of payments and monitoring cash in hand. Participate in the month end closing.
- Support preparation of Business Strategy reports.
- Provide assistance with all project finance-related issues, as required. Support in internal audits, compliance and financial reviews.
- Support with dealing with the auditors to ensure a proper annual closure.
- Under the guidance of the Operations Manager, lead on the operational support of the small but growing Africa Team.
- Process and follow up on all administrative requirements of Africa staff, tickets, visas, ac- commodation, work permits, social security payment, residencies and health insurance.
- Research and book flights, ground transportation and accommodation, providing staff mem- bers with travel guidance.
- Maintain all office inventory, supplies and services, including payments for utilities and tel- ecom.
- Assist in the implementation of Magenta policies and procedures. Maintain company data base i.e. vendors, suppliers and clients.
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned by supervisor such as but not limited to updating the server, filing, drafting memos.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field;
1-3 years professional experience ideally in finance and administrative role;
Excellent English and French.
Highly numerate, with strong commercial acumen;
Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
A strong desire to create an efficient and enjoyable working environment for others;
Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, French and Arabic.
Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
Software familiarity: Office 365, Business Central
Some long hours including evening and weekends to complete tasks or attend events
WORKING AT MAGENTA
We think working at Magenta is great, and here are a few reasons why
- Work as part of a dynamic global team (team members across 7 countries and counting) Work from our amazing office by the sea in La Marsa, Tunis
- Work on projects that have a real-life impact on the world and make a difference
- Take advantage of training and professional development opportunities and budget Work on the latest IT and systems
- Regular team building and social events in the company
- Flexible working where one day a week can be remote and longer term remote working periods.
How to apply
Apply by sending application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Finance and Admin – NAME, before deadline of 17 May 2021. Applicants should submit CV and a cover letter in English, which should describe why the applicant wants to join the Magenta team and describe what makes her / him a strong asset.