Position Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Duty Station: IOM Philippines Country Office (Cotabato City)
Classification: Ungraded, Equivalent to G-4
Type of Appointment: Special short-term ungraded, nine months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office (Cotabato), and under direct supervision of the National Resource Management Officer, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for the finance and admin support needs of IOM Projects in line with IOM policies, standards, and commitments.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Record financial transactions to PRISM Financials (SAP).
- Disburse cash for authorized payments and record cash movements.
- Prepare Cash Certificates to support cash on hand on the last day of each week/month and at other times as instructed.
- Review Request for Payment (RFP)/billing and record the necessary entries in SAP (finance system). Ensure the following:
- Claims are valid, specifically that services/goods have been rendered/received, except for advance payments.
- RFP and supporting documents are complete, valid and approved.
- Values are accurate and missing information, if any, are obtained from concerned units or staff members.
- Account code(s) and/or WBS are accurately assigned.
- Compute advance DSA and calculation of settlement for travel expense claims
- Monitor staff accounts for personal use of communications, vehicles and other official line or equipment, and recovery thereof.
- Assist in preparing financial monitoring reports such as but not limited to the following: check and petty cash summary, RFP monitoring, TA/TEC monitoring.
- Assist in monitoring and follow-up of outstanding travel expense advances and operational advances.
- Review and verify supporting documents to disbursements and liquidation reports.
- Assist in clearing vendor and general ledger account balances.
- Maintain an organized and systematic filing of RFPs/documents regularly.
- Assist in monitoring logistical and administrative arrangements for the implementation of the projects, including partner agreements, contracts.
- Carry out the day-to-day administrative requirements for all sub-office or satellite office.
- Establish and maintain liaison with lease owners, utility, and other service providers.
- Assist in preparing lease, utility and other office contracts for review LEG and monitor contractual provisions, including expiry dates.
- Support tasks on common services including fleet assignments for efficient project team’s use.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Commerce/Finance, or a related field from accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience in accounting or finance.
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Finance and admin work experience with international public sector and in Mindanao projects will be an advantage.
- Experience in IOM field operations in post-conflict or peacebuilding settings will be an advantage.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities.
- Excellent level of computer literacy especially in Excel and SAP.
- Impeccable track of timely service delivery.
- Strong ability to plan work ahead and respect deadlines.
- Knowledge of the region is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Filipino is required. Working knowledge of any any BARMM language is desirable.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1*
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
The position involves onsite and/or offsite work (or a combination of both). The working modality will be further discussed during the interviews if candidate is available to work on-site and/or offsite.
How to apply
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience or a duly completed IOM Personal History Form. To access the form, please click this link.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 30 July 2021. Position title and CFA Number (CFA 006 2021 – Finance and Administrative Assistant) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.