Position Title : Finance and Administrative Officer (MHD)
Duty Station : Manila, Philippines
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 23 June 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer (MHD) and administrative supervision of Manila Administrative Centre’s (MAC) Director, as well as in close coordination with the
Resource Management Officer (RMO) of MAC and other Units in MAC as well as Migration
Health Division (MHD) colleagues at Headquarters (HQ), the US Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) in Washington D.C. and the field, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for monitoring, analysing and reporting on administrative and financial aspects of the International IOM migration health projects. S/he will also be responsible for the overall management and supervision of the Global Health Programme Monitoring and Admin-Finance Support (PAF) team of MHD based in MAC.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Monitor and oversee all functions of the Migration Health Division’s (MHD) Programme Monitoring and Admin-Finance Support (PAF) Unit in the Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) by promoting collaboration and exchanges of best practice among staff members and an optimum use of assigned resources with the objective of meeting the expectations of Project Managers and Coordinators as well as donors and other external stakeholders in accordance with the Procedures and Instructions set by HQ Division of Resource Management (DRM).
- Lead and monitor the work of the PAF Unit through the Team Leaders i.e. the Senior Financial Analysts and Project Monitoring Officers, providing technical guidance in all tasks while coordinating these, as necessary, with other relevant MHD or DRM Units and reviewing any outputs for accuracy, consistency, clarity and compliance with IOM policies and procedures.
- Establish, coordinate and oversee the overall financial budgeting, monitoring, invoicing and reporting for all MHD programmes under the Unit. For instance, lead on the complete budget exercise of the Global Health Assessment Programmes (GHAPs) and related Global Sustainability and Coordination Structure (GSCS), monitoring of and guidance on fee levels; Canada Pre-Departure Migration Screening (PDMS), and First Line of Defense (FLOD) programmes; manage and monitor MHD’s Admin/OSI budget and consumption rate.
- Perform necessary financial forecasts and simulations, including sensitivity analyses, with the objective of determining the sustainability of MHD programs and effectively communicate the conclusions to MHD HQ, supporting the aforementioned in the implementation of any major changes needed as a result.
- Support the consolidation of financial data for the preparation of IOM documents including the IOM programme and Budget, the GHAPs Budget Review Committee (BRC) meeting and yearly financial performance report, donor appeals and reports; updating of policies, standard operating procedures and instructions/manuals of migration health programmes; assist in preparation of presentations.
- Design and enhance financial templates and dashboards, ensuring, in coordination with other MHD stakeholders, that these are easy to use and interpret.
- Recommend process and internal control improvements and ensure adherence to financial reporting and other financial requirements of IOM and the donors.
- Assist internal and external auditors in matters concerning migration health programs assigned to the unit. Implement audit recommendations.
- Ensure that record retention or back-up systems for historical and active files of global migration health programmes assigned to the Unit are and continue to be implemented.
- Oversee the timely and accurate review, consolidation and submission of invoices including supporting documentation for reimbursement by the donors.
- Liaise with donors regarding preparation of budgets and reports as well as with the project managers for harmonization of different aspects of financial management, contributions to GSCS and other issues.
- Oversee the staff performance; perform performance evaluations; identify staff training and development needs, plan and facilitate staff trainings.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of the monthly salary projectization of MHD HQ and MAC staff to Manila Human Resource Office (MHRO) payroll and local Human Resources (HR) Units, respectively.
- Coordinate, deliver and participate in any trainings related to MHD’s Financial management, in person or webinar form. Ensuring also that adequate training materials are available. In addition to this, regularly provide financial guidelines to field missions in coordination with HQ, Project Managers and relevant units in the administrative centres and the field.
- Travel to Field Offices in connection with the above duties.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Management or Administration, Finance, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in financial/budgetary monitoring, invoicing and reporting for complex, global programmes is mandatory.
• Experience in Migration Health or Global Migration programmes such as with the USRAP, Global Health Assessment Projects, Canada PDMS, Cooperative Agreements and/or Global Fund projects is desired.
• Minimum four years of supervisory capacity is essential; and,
• Experience in conceptualizing, designing and delivering training programmes or webinars is desired.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
• Computer literacy including knowledge of SAP and proficiency in MS Office applications; advanced MS Excel knowledge in macros;
• Knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of accounting systems, generally accepted accounting principles, business risk controls, and audit/review procedures;
• Ability to analyze and interpret source information and data; and,
• Analytical thinker capable of designing, reviewing and revising business processes to achieve efficiency.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 23 June 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 10.06.2021 to 23.06.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2021 132 Finance and Administrative Officer (MHD) (P3) Manila, Philippines (57042285) Released
Posting: Posting NC57042286 (57042286) Released