The Finance and Budget Officer reports to the Deputy Head of Finance and Budget Unit.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· To support the Head and Deputy Head of Finance and Budget Unit in the financial management of the Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor’s Office in line with the relevant internal and EU rules, legal instruments, planning documents and instructions, including the management of daily tasks of the assigned Section of the Finance and Budget Unit and distribution of work to assigned staff;
· To be responsible for the internal process of validation and approval of budgetary commitments, payments (including payroll), safekeeping of petty cash, management of other means of payment, collection of revenue and recovery of amounts established as being receivable, including availability of funds, procurement thresholds and the correct classification to budget lines, analysis of budget data, cost estimates, monitoring of expenditures and coordination of reallocation of funds when necessary;
· To prepare, present and maintain the accounts, executing reconciliation (bank, fixed assets, etc.);
· Act as focal point and prepare for internal and external audits;
· To assist in liaising and cooperating on financial and budgetary issues with the relevant internal and external actors, including drafting routine correspondence;
· To produce, gather, maintain and keep up-to-date and ensure the integrity, accuracy and, when applicable, timely submission of files, documents, internal and external budgetary and financial reports;
· To be responsible for a variety of assignments requiring extensive research and data analysis, including providing support to the staff members of the Finance and Budget Unit on budgetary, accounting, payments, travel entitlements and treasury matters, when necessary;
· To develop and implement essential policies, tools, internal controls and training materials for financial reporting and budgeting processes;
· To advise and support in identifying needs for goods and/or services specifically required, in technically defining the appropriate requirements to cover these needs and in participating, as appropriate, in the correspondent processes to procure these goods and services;
· To undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Line Managers.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:**
· Successful completion of University studies of at least three (3) years attested by a diploma OR a qualification in the National Qualifications Framework which is equivalent to level 6 in the European Qualifications Framework OR a qualification of the first cycle under the framework of qualifications of the European Higher Education Area e.g. Bachelor’s degree
· A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience, after having fulfilled the education requirements.
Specification of Education and Experience
· The above mentioned University degree must be in at least one of the following fields of expertise: Economics, Finance, Management, Accounting, Budgeting or other related university studies;
· Experience in the implementation of budgetary and financial processes and regulations;
· Excellent computer skills in MS Office applications;
· Very good interpersonal and communication skills in English, both written and oral;
· Excellent analytical, research and problem-solving skills;
· Ability to prioritise and manage a high workload on occasions;
· Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and produce accurate work under pressure and in difficult circumstances;
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations as a team member in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment;
· Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity; ability to promote an inclusive working environment and integrate a gender perspective into tasks and responsibilities.
· Relevant work experience in an EU institution, CSDP Missions or an international organisation or hybrid criminal court;
Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor’s Office· KnowledgeKosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor’s Office of EU financial rules and regulations;
· Knowledge of financial planning and/or accounting software;
· Good understanding of the political, cultural and security situation of the Balkans, in particular Kosovo.
How to apply
1. For candidates from the EU Member States:
The online Application Form, including its Addendum (Annex 3 to be filled in manually and uploaded), shall be submitted via one of the following links:**
1.1. For candidates seconded by their EU Member State:
1.2. For contracted candidates from the EU Member States:
2. For candidates from the Third Contributing States:
The Application Form (Annex 2), available on both the EEAS website and the website of the Kosovo Specialist Chambers and Specialist Prosecutor’s Office, shall be sent to one of the following email addresses only:
2.1. For candidates seconded by their Third Contributing State: **
Civilian Planning and Conduct Capability (CPCC)
2.2. For contracted candidates from the Third Contributing States:
Only one Application Form per candidate will be accepted, the latest received within the deadline or the one submitted through the National Authorities being given a priority.