Please note: For this role, we are looking for candidates already based in the Netherlands.
We are excited to announce an opening for a Finance and Human Resources Officer (based in Amsterdam),to support the Programmes Department with the financial administration of various projects, including our project in Mali in particular, and to support the Operations Department with Human Resource Management.
Finance (24 hours per week):
You will support the Senior Programme Manager and Finance Officer with:
- Providing detailed financial information concerning various projects.
- Liaising with the Project Coordinator to align the activities and timeline at the country level.
- Liaising with Project Coordinators and the Programmes Department for the development and follow for annual, quarterly and monthly budgets and budget reports.
- Supporting Project Coordinator with funding disbursements and reporting
- Creating and filing of forms requested by our donors
- Creating of quarterly report of expenses both for reporting and fund requests
- Providing timely and accurate budget reporting;
- Substituting for the Finance Officer in his absence;
- General administration and preparation of progress reports;
- Supporting the preparation of the annual accounts and annual financial audit.
Human Resources (8 hours per week):
You will support the Director of Operations and Finance Officer with:
- Development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Be involved in recruitment process, including drafting Terms of References, posting job advertisements, receiving and reviewing applications and conducting interviews.
- Drafting employment, consultant and volunteer contract agreement
- Providing induction training to new colleagues
- Coordination of staff training and development programmes
- Organizing the archiving system for important and confidential documents
- Assisting with performance appraisal processes
Who you are:
You have a 3 to 5 years experience in financial accounting and reporting (we use the Visma as accounting software) and you are an experienced and advanced Excel user;
- You have some experience with salary administration (We use LoonOnline) and are willing to gain more knowledge in that field;
- You have proven experience in Human Resources Management;
- Knowledge of HR functions (recruitment, pay & benefits etc.);
- Working knowledge of Dutch employment legislation;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision at times;
- Focused, organised and flexible attitude to work with hands on mentality;
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Intercultural communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate professionally with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds;
- Able to perform administrative work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- You have obtained a bachelors degree and/or diploma in Financial Administration or similar;
- Fluency in English is essential;
- Fluency in French is a strong plus;
The initial contract period is until 31 December 2021 for 32 hours per week with the possibility of extending. The start date for this position is early June 2021.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is 10 May 2021
Find out more, including how to apply, here: https://bit.ly/3td4Awo