Main objective of the role:
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for supporting all the primary financial and accounting functions in the country office and ensuring financial transactions and records are undertaken and maintained in accordance with internal and external financial requirements.
We are looking for someone who will
· Maintaining a petty cash float as per CBM policies and procedures.
· Developing weekly petty cash forecast on every Friday after a petty cash count and subsequent petty cash replenishment on every Monday the following week by 10am.
· Preparing payment requisitions and relevant documents and processing payment.
· Ensuring all Forex services are carried out in exchange bureaus licensed by Bank of South Sudan and receipt filed for every transaction.
· Maintaining payable schedules and records of all invoices received from vendors and service providers.
· Ensuring timely payments of monthly bills and utilities to vendors, suppliers and service providers.
· Managing schedules and files for statutory deductions.
· Preparing statutory payments such as Personal Income Tax (PIT), withholding tax on consultancies/rent, remittance of staff gratuity and NSIF etc and ensuring compliance with the regulatory bodies.
· Maintaining an updated filing system and ensuring posting of all transactions.
· Ensuring payments are fully approved and supported before payment; documents are stamped PAID/RECEIVED after payment or receipt of funds and filed immediately.
· Preparing bank reconciliations and follow up on any outstanding items.
· Undertaking weekly cash counts and a monthly cash verification procedure to ensure proper use of the imprest.
· Maintaining proper and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports.
· Posting Partner Request of Funds (ROF) into NAVISION, ensuring all partners acknowledge confirm receipt of funds and Acknowledgement of Receipts (AOR) uploaded into SharePoint.
· Support in audits and spot check – internally and externally.
· Carry out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of the Finance Department and the Organization.
We are looking for someone who has
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Studies from a reputable university.
· A professional seeking accountancy qualification, such as CPA or ACCA.
· Two years of progressively responsible work experience at professional level in finance and office administration.
· Good level of spoken and written English.
· Ability to work independently and work collaboratively as part of a team in a challenging and a highly fluid environment.
· Demonstrated attentions to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and cooperatively with team members are required.
· Basic knowledge in computer applications such as word processing, and spreadsheets.
· Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks efficiently and meet critical priorities.
· Highly organized and self-directed, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under minimal supervision.
· Ability to proactively anticipate any potential issues or risks for the office and submit appropriate recommendations to address them
· High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity when dealing with sensitive information and issues.
· An effective team player who is able to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
· Experience of working with persons with disabilities or promoting disability rights a distinct advantage.
· Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM’s values and Child Safeguarding Policy.
· Identification with Christian values and the mandate of the CBM.
How to apply
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com Or hand delivery to our office located inside Buluk Eye Centre compound, Ministry of Health Jubek State, Off Ministries Road, 400 m south of the Ministry of Petroleum / 300 m south of the Sudan Embassy, Juba – South Sudan.
Application deadline: 19th August 2021
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at http://www.cbm.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. This position is local and subject to local employment and immigration