Position: Finance Manager
Direct hierarchy: Area Coordinator
Technical Line Manager of: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Uganda, Kampala
Start date: 1/9/2021
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion. For more information, please visit our website at www.acted.org
ACTED Uganda is looking for a self-driven and self-oriented person to fill the position of Finance Manager based in Kampala-Uganda.
I. Main objective(s):
- Overall responsibility of financial follow up on reporting and internal compliance procedures for ACTED Uganda.
- Oversee effective financial management of the mission.
- Provide line management and technical assistance to the finance team.
1. Project Budget Management
- Review and sign off financial sheets for all projects
- Review and sign off budget proposals and budget narratives as needed.
- Accountable for the management of the mission budget in line with approved donor budget, donor regulations and ACTED regulations.
- Review and sign off monthly budget follow up reports
- Lead monthly budget follow up review meetings with programmes teams and other departments as relevant.
- Report to AC any issues arising or foreseen on any budget.
- Build capacity of FLATs and programmes team in budget management.
- Review and sign off all the programme financial reports.
- Review and sign off cash requests in line with programme budgets and donor regulations.
2. Mission financial Management
- Ensure that all the ACTED financial procedure are implemented and followed by all staff.
- Review, sign off and submit monthly TITANIC report
- Review and sign off the monthly allocation table.
- Responsible for the PART 2 of the mid and yearly closure.
- Review and sign off the CFU on monthly basis.
- Review and sign off the DFU on monthly basis.
- Review and sign off SAGA accountancy on a monthly basis.
- Review and sign off ATROCE and ACT on a monthly basis.
- In collaboration with CFM and AC, develop and improve the financial system of the mission.
- Oversee on time disbursement of ex patriate housing allowance, per diem and food allowances on a monthly basis.
- Review and sign off statutory filings including NSSF, PAYE, IT, LST and WHT on a monthly basis as applicable.
- Ensure effective management of mission finances by analysing gaps and proposing solutions, improvements to processes and/or new tools.
- Ensure effective follow up of the program expenditures by developing specific tools if needed.
- Review all contracts before signature (checking payment modalities/ name supplier/ name signature/ project allocation/ fund available/ eligibility of the cost).
- Oversee monthly archiving and digitalisation process as per ACTED guidelines.
- Signatory of bank account.
- Review all payment vouchers, disbursement requests and advance requests for compliance.
- Approve payments only where fully supported and compliant with ACTED and donor regulations.
3. Implementing partner :
- For each project, review and sign off the IP financial report with respect to the MoU and donor regulations.
- Follow up expenditure on monthly basis, proposed budget amendment if need be.
- Received the IP reports, propose corrections and follow implementation of recommendations.
- Transmit the list of expenditure to Finance/Accounting Officer to enter the report in SAGA
- Review and sign off all the documents for IP payment request
4. Management and capacity building:
- Train and team build finance teams, both at capital and field levels.
5. Protection Mainstreaming:
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual staff etc).
- Facilitate the work of external auditors and provide all assistance required
- To Assist the Compliance department in audits
- To ensure filling and organization of the department is optimal and efficient
- A Bachelor’s (honors) degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- A Master’s degree in Financial Management, Accounting, Economics, or a related field from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a similar or higher position with at least 3 years in a Non-Government Organization accustomed to Donor Financial Reporting modalities
- A professional qualification in Finance or Accounting (CPA/ACCA)
- Excellent computer skills. As a minimum, this would include an advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks Online, and other financial software is highly desired.
Additional Skills & Competencies:
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Diligent and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent management skills
- Patient and encouraging; able to build and develop the capacity of others
How to apply
Qualified Uganda Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications by 23/7/2021, 05:00PM to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR FINANCE MANAGER – UGANDA accompanied with:
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 03 Pages)
- Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page, detailing 03 work referees and their day time contacts. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
Applications failing to respect the criteria above will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Review of Applications and Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
- ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent(s) in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation, abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer