HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in 31 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides emergency relief for victims of natural disasters and armed conflict worldwide and supports the welfare and social work of the Reformed Churches in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and the integration of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. HEKS/EPER is a member of the ACT Alliance.
In the DRC, where it has been active for more than 6 decades through development programs, HEKS-EPER opened a humanitarian mission (Emergency) in February 2019. It focuses its emergency relief interventions in hard-to-reach areas of several northern territories -Kivu (Rutshuru, Masisi, Walikale and Lubero) where the lack of humanitarian assistance creates great precariousness among civilians affected by the crisis in the region. HEKS-EPER sets up Rapid Response activities (notably through the distribution of unconditional Cash), Humanitarian Monitoring Systems (monitoring of population movements), Water, Hygiene & Sanitation (WASH), Rehabilitation / Opening of humanitarian access (in Cash for Work), and Agricultural revival activities.
To support the Admin, HR and Finance Coordinator, HEKS/EPER is looking for a strong international candidate (F/M) to fulfil the role of:
Finance Manager, 100%
- Ensure the spread, adherence and monitoring of HEKS/EPER finance procedures as well as ensure compliance with financial rules in the management of the programme’s main partnerships and administrative and legal frameworks
- Participate to the elaboration of budget proposals
- Prepare and participate to the programme’s global financial monitoring (reporting)
- Ensure an efficient circulation of information to field, capital and headquarters teams and advise departments on their financial and budgetary follow-up
- Produce rigorous and timely monthly budget follow ups and forecasts on the implementation and monitoring of the numerous program budgets and reporting
- Ensure the finance coordination at mission level by regular visiting HEKS/EPER field bases (control, monitoring, training, etc.) and ensure that each budget holder has received adequate training
- Manage financial audits on the mission and supervise the transmission to headquarters of the necessary documents and information within the framework of headquarters’ audits, external audits and internal control and fraud prevention measures
- Supervise the accounting assignment of transactions, ensure that expenditure is correctly assigned and carries out the monthly accounting closure to HQ
- Produce a cost analysis and issue budgetary alerts when necessary
- Professional diploma or university degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or Audit (or equivalent) and a previous experience within an NGO is mandatory with at least one year of experience in a similar position
- Prior knowledge of humanitarian contexts on the African continent
- Advanced IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet); knowledge of SAGA is mandatory
- Fluent in French and English (written and spoken)
- Organized, proactive, autonomous, rigorous, analytical, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- Willingness to carry out tasks requiring exemplary rigor in high-risks environments
We offer :
- An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context
- A competitive salary package
- Duty station: Goma, DRC (with regular field visits to the bases)
- Duration of the contract: minimum 6 months, renewable
- Starting date: ASAP, ideally June 1st, 2021
How to apply
Are you interested? We are looking forward do your complete application documents (Resume and Cover letter in French or English, and work certificates). Only online applications will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be May 10th, 2021. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. HEKS/EPER reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
For further details on the position, please contact Mrs Camille Konzelmann, Associate to the Humanitarian Aid Programmes, + 41 44 360 88 61. For further information about HEKS/EPER, please consult our website; https://en.heks.ch/.