CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective, and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
The Financial Manager (US) is a strategic thinking partner actively participating in the financial management of CIVICUS, with a focus on the US entity.
The Finance Manager (US), partnering with the Finance Manager (GLOBAL), is jointly responsible for the accounting, financial reporting budgeting, granting, tax/statutory compliance, and audit functions of the organisation. The position ensures that sufficient financial and accounting systems, controls, and standards are in place.
The job incumbent will work with the senior management team and staff across all departments to ensure accurate accounting and reporting, both internally and externally. In addition, the job incumbent will ensure compliance with organisational, statutory, and donor rules and requirements.
- Professionally qualified accountant (CPA or equivalent) or advanced degree/certification in finance and/or accounting
- 5+ years managing finance and accounting functions in the US not for profit sector.
- Right to live and work in the US
- Solid knowledge in not-for-profit US GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations and IRS requirements of preparation of financial statements and Form 990.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of non-profit accounting including grant accounting, compliance and reporting.
- Experience in accounting for income (Revenue Recognition) in line with US requirements
- Experience of working with large institutional funders including governments and foundations.
Package on Offer
- Annual Salary of US$ 80 000 per annum
- Health Insurance in the United States provided
- Pension allowance provided.
- Highly flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave and public holiday provisions
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to apply
How to Apply
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on Friday the 30th of July 2021. Interested candidates should email their application to email@example.com
Your application should comprise of:
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted the week of the 9th – 14th August 2021 to schedule interviews.
Due to the high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.