(Based in Manila, starting date: as soon as possible)
Reporting to the Administration and Finance Manager (AFM), the Finance Officer will have the following responsibilities:
· Support the AFM in the day-to- day management of accounting and finance activities of the Country Office;
· Responsible for daily encoding of transactions in the accounting system BC, weekly/monthly cash inventories and bank reconciliations;
· Perform regular accounts review, balance sheet account reconciliation, vendor balances and payable taxes follow up;
· S/he will link with project teams on invoices and expenses claims, reclassifications and cash advance, as well as accruals for statutory audits.
- Control the integrity of the transactions to be posted (signatures, supporting documents) before submission to the AFM;
- Support project and cost centre managers to ensure the integrity of project reports (internal & external);
- Support the AFM in the preparation of project financial reports and forecasts;
- Support the AFM in overseeing field office and partners on cash transfers, general bookkeeping, etc.;
- Ensure accurate preparation of monthly financial reports and mandatory government reports/remittances, i.e. BIR, SSS, Philhealth, HDMF & SEC, timely submission, and proper reconciliation;
- Ensure full compliance with audit and internal control requirements;
- Support the preparation of accrual files as per HD rule and liaise with project and costs centre managers accordingly;
- Perform all internal controls as per HD Internal Control System (ICS) and specific instructions received from the AFM or HD Director of Finance;
- Train and coach finance staff in field office and of partners;
- Any other specific task upon request from the Supervisor.
The relevant candidate should have:
· Professional course certification : CPA
- Excellent excel skills and prior experience of Microsoft Dynamics is required
- Experience with accounting audits
- 5-7 years work experience
- Experience working with an international NGO and foreign donor funding is a strong advantage.
The relevant candidate should also be:
- A results-driven multi-tasker able to set priorities and able to meet deadlines;
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- A team player, also with the ability to work alone and unsupervised.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure; hands on. Attention to details, precise.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position and meet the above-described qualifications, please send your resume (maximum 2 pages) with a short cover letter by 25 August 2021 to HRPhilippines@hdcentre.org
HD is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.hdcentre.org