Child Safeguarding: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
ROLE PURPOSE: As part of the finance team, the Finance Officer (FO) is responsible for implementation of efficient, effective and timely finance operations within Iraq Country office to ensure adequate availability of cash and timely payment to suppliers, contractors and employees in line with SCI finance policies and procedures. The FO is responsible to track and ensure accuracy of all advances and to record transactions in the accounting system. Reporting to Dohuk Field Manager, FO will also provide key support with monitoring of grant burn rates and will assist with timely reporting to the Finance Manager country Office.
As part of SC’s dual mandate, the Finance Officer will participate in emergency preparedness activities and will be ready to travel and to support finance functions in an emergency. Recognizing that SCI in Iraq has a responsibility to support Members, the Finance Officer will assist with preparation of finance reports and will actively contribute to the donor and SCI audits.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Manager Dohuk
Key liaison: Finance Manager , CO
Budget management: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
* Maintain sufficient cash balances and report cash needs to Dohuk Field Office on a regular basis.
* Review and register the Admin petty cash for Dohuk Field Office.
* Review all petty cash payments to ensure a proper documentation with approval are obtained.
* Checking monthly payroll for Dohuk Field Office in accordance with the payroll report signed by HR & Admin Dep. and accord the approval.
* Preparing the salary recharge for Dohuk Field Office.
* Keep track of outstanding advances in order to comply with timeframe for clearances, and provide reports to the Field Manager.
* Review all journals related to ensure proper account codes have been used and all expenditures are charged to the correct budget codes.
* Post all transactions on the FMS – Agresso.
* Work closely with Field Manager to finalize the monthly closure activities for Dohuk Field Office.
* Support the Finance Manager to finalize the monthly financial report or other Donor Financial report.
* Prepare the monthly cash reconciliation for all available accounts.
* Responsible for preparing daily cash count sheet, Maintain Cash book.
* Account reconciliation of Balance Sheet account as assigned by Supervisor.
* Insure weekly posting of Data and scanning all the vouchers then saved in the shared folder.
* Review Travel/Periderm/ R&R expenses according to the approved SCI Policy and procedures.
* Maintain Payment tracker and share it with the Finance Manager.
Grants Management and audits.
* Ensure all reports and audit documents are prepared and submitted as per the instructions of Finance Manager at least two days prior the deadline for final review.
* Work with Finance Manager to respond to the requests of members and donors.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
* Actively participate in the Country Office’s emergency preparedness and planning processes
* Assist with finance planning and staff development for emergency response.
* Ensure compliance with the finance policies and procedures and clearly establish guidelines for emergency preparedness and response in accordance with SCI standards and the CO’s Emergency Preparedness Plans.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
* Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
* Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
* Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
* Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
* Future orientated, thinks strategically.
* Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
* Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
* Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
* Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
* Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cmFobWVkLjMxOTIyLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ