UOSSM France is a french association created by members of the Syrian diaspora in France in 2011 in response to the Syrian crisis. At the core of our work, UOSSM France supports medical and health-related activities inside Syria, including relief and stabilisation measures but also longer-term actions targeted at strengthening the health sector and civil society in different geographies of the country at large. Where feasible and relevant, this also involves the diaspora and other vulnerable populations affected by the crisis abroad. Overall, UOSSM France is dedicated to supporting the health and wellbeing of those affected by the crisis, in a localised, participatory, and inclusive manner.
We believe in the meaningful participation and leadership of those affected by conflict and crisis. Blended with the diverse capacities and expertise of dedicated members of the French and European society, local leadership and expertise is key to understanding and effectively addressing the needs, priorities, and aspirations of the population we seek to serve, in health and beyond.
UOSSM France highly respects the contributions of all its employees, volunteers, and partners across the European-Middle Eastern spectrum and beyond in the respective capacities in which they are offered. We are keen to involve a multitude of dedicated voices and support in our work, provided individually or through existing networks or groups. To this end, we are particularly enthusiastic about partnering with other Syria-focused civil society organisations and institutions in our work, supporting mutual capacity development and our joint ability to engage in a broad-based, meaningful, and targeted manner in the evolution of an inclusive peri and post-conflict Syria – throughout our activities today and tomorrow.
For one of our main institutionally funded programme, we are currently looking for a Finance officer based in Paris. He/she will work on this project overall financial monitoring and to practice financial control mechanisms in compliance with donors regulation (EU).
Title: Finance Officer
Location: Paris 75012
Contract type: 100% – full time ( 35 hours per week)
Duration: One year contract (potential prolongation upon termination of the contract depending on suitability and first period performance)
Roles and responsibilities :
● Ensure administrative and accountant follow-up of the activities implemented through partnerships agreements, contracts or MoU
● Responsible for the project cash and budgets monitoring
● Participate and support the finance coordinator in drafting financial midterm and final reports for activities
● Ensure accurate recording of all transactions made by cash or bank or any other form in the UOSSM France financial system; monitor timely receipt and expenditure returns from Program Team
● Manage daily operation in the area of accounting system which is in line with UOSSM France and donors’ (ie. EU) requirements
● Participate in preparation of annual requests for funds (concept notes), budget and other funding requests; provide financial support to programme and partnership Team; close monitoring on budget and revision in collaboration with teams in Gaziantep and Erbil
● Provide feedback and enhance internal controls to satisfy audit requirements; take part of providing data and records during the audit process; reports immediately on irregular spending to Finance Manager or Finance Coordinator in Paris as deemed appropriate
● Check and verify supporting documentation
● Ensure that donors’ regulations and requirements are well complied by the partners.
● Comply with Financial guidelines when dealing with any transactions; provides initiative to review current guidelines and proposes relevant recommendations.
● Maintains cash and non-cash transactions, manages and follow-up banking transactions ; pays attention on fluctuating exchange rate used for any transactions
● Participate to association’s activities when requested
Qualifications, experience and skills
I. Academic background
[Required] MA/ MSc / MBA Degree or Diploma in Financial Management
[Preferred] Professional certification in accounting
II. Professional/Practical Experience
[Required] At least three years of experience as Finance officer or comparable position
[Required] Experience in Non-Governmental Organizations’ financial management
[Required] Proven experience in managing large budgets
[Preferred] Experience managing EU-funded projects and knowledge of regulations and policies
III. Skills and attitudes
● Strong drive to meet deadlines, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
● Demonstrated expertise in using accounting system
● Ability to work with minimal supervision
● Ability to develop strong work relationships and working in and with a team
● Detail-oriented approach with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
● Excellent communication and soft skills
● Languages : French native or near-native is mandatory as well as ability to read, write and communicate professionally in English ; Arabic language skills are an asset
● Ability to work remotely with an international team across different countries and particularly including cross-cultural dimensions
How to apply
Please send a brief cover letter and CV in english to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org before 23rd of July 2021 and the key word “Application : Finance Officer”.