Responsible for preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintaining the accuracy of the local IMC’s Representative Office and program’s ledgers and financial systems; assisting in the preparation of program budgets, audits and year end closing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representatives of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- Perform professional accounting functions supporting local IMC Representative Office and program operations;
- Review all accounts payable, purchase orders, cash receipts, payroll, utility billing, and other accounting records and transactions, and ensure money is posted to correct accounts and that all accounts balance;
- Maintain and reconcile financial ledgers and records;
- Manage cash flow perform the duties of a cashier and be responsible for the safe upkeep, disbursement of cash and the maintenance of an up-to-date record of cash flow in the office;
- Conduct daily cash count according to IMC policies and ensure to report the daily cash balance to Finance Manager and Finance/Admin Director;
- Prepare bank and cash reconciliations and related journal entries for all local IMC and program accounts, and obtain and file bank statements on a monthly basis;
- Ensure proper authorization of all disbursal carry expenditures and disbursal signatures;
- Remit payment of approved payment requisitions in a timely manner;
- Reconcile periodically advances and/or floats given to staff, and ensure minimal number of outstanding floats;
- Assist in preparation of year-end closings and accompanying financial reports;
- Maintain and track fixed asset inventory control records for the local IMC Representative Office;
- Manage financial hard-copy and electronic documentation systems; Comply with local legislation, IMC and program donor policies and procedures;
- Maintain and organize filing system of accounting documents and perform monthly scanning. Prepare monthly cash reconciliation report of field office to ensure cash is reconciled with the CTJ and cash accounts.
- Prepare IMC payment vouchers to process payments to staff, suppliers, contractors, etc. Ensure all supporting documents are attached to the payment vouchers and in accordance with IMC’s financial and procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure all invoices and receipts which are attached to the payment vouchers are stamped “PAID”, sequentially numbered and properly coded with project and account number. Check the accuracy, authenticity and completeness of all supporting documents attached to the voucher prior to release of payments.
- Update the Bank Cash Transaction Journal (BTJ/CTJ) on a daily basis. Encode/enter the country and field financial transactions into Costpoint or other accounting software used my IMC.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Finance Manager or Finance and Admin Director.
- Bachelor degree in finance, business administration, accounting or related field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in finance/accounting area preferably with an international organization;
- Good organizational skills and diligent attention to details associated with documenting expenses;
- good communication skills.
- Written and spoken proficiency in Ukrainian and English
- Knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work in participatory manner.
- Ability to integrate and work well within multi-ethnic and multicultural team.
How to apply
Please send your CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add the position you are applying to in the subject line.