Requisition ID: req12412
Job Title: Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst
Employment Category: Permanent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: £32,000 per annum
Location: London, UK
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The International Rescue Committee UK is part of the IRC global network, which has its headquarters in New York and London. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through over 20 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees resettle in the US and become self-sufficient.
The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
Our European headquarters, IRC-UK, were established in London in 1997 to support the organisation’s global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with European policy-makers on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment IRC-UK has grown rapidly and is now acknowledged for its high quality project management, technical expertise in governance and rights and economic recovery, and innovative thinking on early recovery and gender based violence. IRC-UK comprises approximately 120 staff.
The IRC also has offices in Berlin, Bonn, Brussels, Geneva and Stockholm.
The External Relations (ER) department is a vital team at the IRC, responsible for how the world perceives and interacts with this indispensable organization. Its goal is to increase public understanding of the organization and raise the essential funds to improve outcomes for our clients, while growing and protecting our global brand. The hardworking people that make up this department are committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve.
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst role is part of the Business Operations and Analytics team within and supporting ER. This team is the backbone of the department and provides quality assurance and financial planning, analytics and operations support for all of ER.
If you like a challenge and are strategic-minded and creative, join our team!
The Purpose of the Role
The FP&A Analyst will report to the Director of Financial Planning and Management and will be assigned to a set of sub-departments including Communications and Advocacy. The FP&A Analyst will also be part of an extended FP&A organization with Finance and other IRC functions.
The FP&A Analyst has a proven understanding of budget development and management; and is a strategic finance partner, with an ability to tell a story through numbers. Process management is an integral part of this role, and you will confidently manage the financial planning process for sub-departments, while ensuring key partner consensus, including ER and Finance leadership.
- Work closely with the Director, ER team and Finance in developing annual budgets and forecasts;
- Provide expertise and leadership on assigned process or content areas, for example, advocacy and communications;
- Collaborate closely with ER leadership and manage partner consensus;
- Analyze the monthly actual reports for assigned departments and work with the departments to identify issues and opportunities versus budget;
- Partner with the extended FP&A team to continuously improve annual budget and forecast processes;
- Design reports and analyses to enable management decision-making as relates to annual budget and ongoing funding decisions;
- Provide ad hoc finance decision support on critical initiatives, including the development of business cases for new projects or funding areas; and,
- Support the continued development and implementation of software and systems (e.g. Power BI, Microsoft D365) that enable FP&A delivery.
- Demonstrable experience in budgeting or finance.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of budget & forecasting development and management
- Able to create insight from data & analyses
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and diplomatic skills
- Able to effectively liaise with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to be flexible and to apply creative problem-solving skills;
- Computer and other technical skills: Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and all MS Office applications; basic knowledge of SQL; experience with cloud-based planning tools, PowerBI and ERP systems (D365) is desirable.
The application deadline is the 11th May 2021 Interviews will take place week commencing 13th May.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK/ country for which they are applying.
IRCUK is committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination for all applicants and employees. IRC-UK seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious belief, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
IRC-UK welcomes applications from all candidates, including underrepresented groups and refugees who have the right to work in the UK.
IRC UK will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application and/or interview process, and for essential job functions if appointed to a role.
How to apply
Please apply through our website