Objective: To provide the communication tools of Employee Reference Manual (ERM) and clear procedure of Procurement Manual (goods, works, consultancy service, bidder, supplier, contractor, consultant and service provider), create animation video, ensure communication to internal staff, and manage enhancement requirements and escalations and capability to understand simple to complex procurement requirements and the ERM. The firm will provide the service primarily to outline the procurement procedures and communication tools of ERM and to facilitate the efficient flow of information from the ERM and Procurement Manual to internal staff. The project is the product of the documentation and collation of written rules, regulations, and established practices.**
ADPC operates a centralized procurement function. All ADPC staff, requesting operational units, sub-centers, projects, and programs shall adhere to this implementation project. The project will be used for:
· Procurement by the ADPC headquarters or sub-centers using resources appropriated through budgetary processes;
· Procurement by the ADPC headquarters or sub-centers using resources from a cooperating partner or funding agency whose regulations allow use of the ADPC Procurement Rules; and
· Applies in all cases for hiring of individual consultant.
ERM will be a pilot stage and applied only to ADPC HQs’ staff.
ADPC is an autonomous international organization with a vision to reduce disaster and climate risk impacts on communities and countries in Asia and the Pacific by working with governments, development partners, international organizations, NGOs, civil society, private sector, media, and other key stakeholders.
Established in 1986 as a technical capacity building center, ADPC has grown and diversified its expertise across social and physical sciences to support sustainable solutions for risk reduction across a broad range of specialist areas. With over 100 staff from 19 different nationalities and a wide range of professional expertise from atmospheric scientists to social scientists with experiences from all levels of engagement typically required for Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Climate Resilience (CR) in an effective manner. ADPC is a competent regional resource center and has seven thematic departments: ADPC Academy, Risk Governance, Climate Resilience, Urban Resilience, Health Risk Management, Preparedness for Response and Recovery, Geospatial Information. These are supported by Finance, Human Resources and Administration, and Strategic Planning departments. In addition to the departments, ADPC works on three cross-cutting themes: Gender and Diversity, Poverty and Livelihoods, and Regional and Transboundary Cooperation through permanent working committees.
ADPC Strategy 2020 guides the organization in providing comprehensive risk reduction support to countries and communities in Asia and the Pacific. ADPC recognizes the importance of examining the linkages between disaster risk management, poverty reduction, gender equality, sustainability, rights-based approaches, climate change and regional cooperation.
For details please refer to ADPC website at http://www.adpc.net
The following qualifications and expertise are required by the Firm to deliver the service:
· Professional qualifications in video production and/or demonstrable portfolio of similar work or assignments undertaken;
· Should have technical expertise/ human resources of at least three years of proven experience in producing instructional/learning videos, including animation videos;
· Previous experience in working with Humanitarian NGOs or international organizations;
· Knowledge and working ethics of national or state government agencies, international NGOs, National NGOs, private organizations, international organizations, and business continuity topics would be an added advantage;
· Ability to analyze complex information and determine the scope of implementation;
· Ability to communicate in English;
· Demonstrate details-orientation of tasks with accuracy and have an in-depth understanding of Procurement and HR systems;
· Experience working with International Organizations, NGOs, UN agencies would be an advantage;
· Ability to render services in the most professional, effective, and efficient manner.
Description of Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the HRA team, the firm will develop instructional videos, including voiceovers, and incorporate ERM and Procurement Manual as a web-based design into the iEx System (ADPC intranet) to convert the existing ERM and Procurement Manual provided by the HRA team to be used as an online guidance tool.
The deliverables for the assignment are as following details:
· Analyze existing ERM and Procurement Manual and determine the scope of implementation;
· Provide technical, consulting, and highlighted information enabling comprehensive understanding of the ERM and Procurement Manual to staff;
· Design and create Improvements/Modifications on the ERM and Procurement section to upload on iEx System (ADPC intranet), as required;
· Create infographic video for implementation of ERM and Procurement Policy and Procedure. (Graphic board, Storyboard, Animate, VoiceOver, SFX, Music, Subtitle, Editing service).
· File types .mov or .mp4 (or format suitable for upload to YouTube)
· Codec – H.264
· Frames per second – 30
· Resolution 1920×1080 Full HD (MP4)
· Includes voiceover
The firm will report to the Chief of Human Resources and Administration and work closely with the HRA team.
Period of Engagement:
The firm is expected to deliver services from 1 July 2021 to 31 July 2021.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested Firms can submit the completed ADPC application form, (downloadable from www.adpc.net or ADPC Website ), updated organizational profile, list of relevant prior experience, quotation together with a cover letter, to: email@example.com
ADPC encourage diversity in its workplace and support an inclusive work environment