The position has two main objectives:
- To ensure the effective implementation of all Food Security, Livelihoods and Nutrition projects within the AAH Mission. This includes efficiently managing the project teams and budgets and ensuring all AAH’s contractual obligations, reporting requirements, quality standards and procedures are met and followed.
- To build the capacity and functionality of the FSL and Nutrition staff in line with staff development plans, with an eye towards nationalization of the position, ensuring that adequate skills, experience, and knowledge is transferred within a limited time-frame.
Objective 1: To ensure timely & quality implementation and reporting of Food Security, Livelihoods & Nutrition activities at the base level (30%)
- In coordination with the FSL & Nutrition Coordinators, Head of Base and MEAL Team, design the macro Program Cycle Management tools, including: monitoring tools, project indicators and means of verification, Activity Progress Reports, Budget Follow Up tools, and Project Procurement Plans.
- Ensure a workplan for each project is in place, in coordination with the project team and make sure that the program activities are implemented in respect to the workplan
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation plans for the program are effective and functioning to measure the direct and indirect results of the projects
- Provide guidance to the project teams in weekly planning of activities (including input distribution, trainings, set up, maintenance, monitoring and reporting) and ensure these plans are in line with the project workplan
- Ensure required project materials are developed and used, such as IEC, training modules, workshops.
- Ensure timely procurement of goods and services for the program and accurately and regularly update the budget via follow-up and forecasting processes, in close coordination with the Logistics and Admin department
- Produce a department Dashboard, including multi-project data on beneficiaries, implementation levels, project maps
- Ensure beneficiary selection criteria and processes are in line with AAH’s principles and in coordination with other departments (such as MEAL), are clear to all and are well implemented in a transparent way.
- Ensure any implementing partners are well supported and the quality of their work is monitored and assured.
- Ensure good relationships and engagement with all programme stakeholders
- Provide verbal and written reports to direct and functional managers on the progress of the project towards objectives and activities in the workplan and any additional activities
- Ensure proper archiving of technical supporting documents
Objective 2: To lead the development and implementation of AAH’s food security, livelihoods & nutrition strategies in Bekaa based on sound contextual analysis (20%)
- Ensure the collection and timely analysis of information on food security, nutrition, health, and the living conditions of target population; design and lead quantitative and qualitative needs and capacity assessments as required.
- Analyse the needs, capacities and appropriate response options to assist the vulnerable local population at a base level
- Actively coordinate with other agencies implementing food security, livelihoods & nutrition projects in the Bekaa
- Draft FSL & Nut reports to donors and support the development of new AAH proposals for FSL and Nut interventions in the Bekaa, including coordination of field staff inputs based on sound field assessments
- Represent Action Against Hunger in regional working group meetings in line with Action Against Hunger’ Lebanon’s Strategy and in coordination with the Operations Coordinator, Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator and Nutrition Coordinator
- Represent Action Against Hunger in food security, livelihoods & nutrition meetings with other international and national NGOs, national institutions and international organizations under the guidance of direct and functional managers
- Document and share learning from the project
Objective 3: To manage and develop the capacity of the whole FSL-Nut team, with especial focus to coach the Deputy PM in the process of nationalization of the position at the end of the period (35%).
- Assess the needs and strengths of each team member and identify capacity-building priorities for each as part of AAH’s normal staff appraisal process.
- Supervise and build the capacities of the Deputy PM and HOPs on Project Cycle Management and food security, livelihoods & nutrition interventions
- Prioritize, develop and facilitate trainings for staff on Program Management and Action Against Hunger Training Modules
- Provide regular coaching and feedback sessions, providing adequate updates on progress against development plan and new objectives
- Support the Deputy PMs and HoPs in developing project planning, weekly planning, monthly planning, and integrating MEAL
- Support the Deputy PMs & HoPs in building capacity in relation to Financial, Logistical & HR processes, and in external relations with stakeholders
- Provide regular reports on progress of the development plan to both Operations Coordinator and Base HR
- Couch and accompany the Deputy PM during the length of the contract towards nationalizing the position.
Objective 4: Finance & Administration (15%)
- Oversee the cooperation between the FSL&NUT Department and support departments (Admin, Log)
- Oversee the Department budget; prepare the programmatic budget for new project proposals
Objective 4: Security
- Respect the security rules specified in the mission and base security plan, see to it that the team under his/her responsibility complies with the security plan and perform the security management tasks that can be assigned in its protocols
- Communicate to the security managers of the working location any security related information or noncompliance with the security plan
Objective 5: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger
- Support the emergency interventions of the organization as per the employee’s abilities
- Support any activity that helps reaching our humanitarian goals, as per the employee’s abilities
- Promote gender equality within the humanitarian and/or development work
Bachelor’s degree in economics, nutrition, food security/ agriculture, social work, humanitarian action, international relations or any related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
Technical specific knowledge:
- Strong background in capacity building and staff development
- Good understanding of key areas under FSL (CBI, FFA, Agro-Ecology, Business Management, Market analysis Cash for Work etc.) & Nutrition (especially promotion of optimal infant and young child feeding and caring practices)
- Good understanding of the country context, good context analysis skills
- At least 3 years of experience working in program management position in humanitarian and/or development organizations
- Demonstrable experience building staff capacity and coaching.
- Previous experience with Food Security / Livelihoods / Nutrition
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
Good knowledge of INGOs and donor agencies, procedures, guidelines and interventions in the country
Action Against the Hunger knowledge:
English Mandatory. Arabic an asset
IT and specific systems:
Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and good skills in smart phones applications for CBI
Mobility (national/ international)
How to apply
Only the applications received through our website will be taken into consideration.