Starting date : 23/08/2021
Type of contract / length : fixed-term, 16 months
Location: Solidarités International HQ, Clichy, France / Action Contre la Faim HQ – Clichy – France / International field visits
ABOUT THE MISSION
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian aid association which, for nearly 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters covering their vital needs: water, food and shelter. Being particularly committed to the fight against water-borne diseases, the first cause of mortality in the world, SI intervenes with an expertise in the fields of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also that of food security and livelihoods. SI is present in around twenty countries; its teams – a total of 2,000 employees made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent employees at the headquarters, and a few volunteers – intervene with professionalism and commitment in the respect of other cultures.
RLH-coop. is a humanitarian logistics cooperative created 2021, currently regrouping 9 humanitarian organizations. Its main objective is to increase logistics efficiency through resources pooling.
All members of the cooperative actively participate in the recognition of logistics as a strategic pillar for humanitarian operations, through the implementation of projects pooling human and material resources. Based on inclusive governance and the mobilisation of the expertise of all its members, RLH-coop. provides logistical support to all humanitarian partners through the mobilisation of technical experts, the coordination of joint procurement and the management of complex purchases.
This position is recruited and hired by Solidarités International, on behalf of RLH-coop and the Solidarités International-Action Contre la Faim (ACF) consortium.
ABOUT THE JOB
General Scope of role
The Support coordinator drives all support activities, including logistics, finance and human resources, in order to ensure programs’ roll out.
He/she is responsible for logistics, finance and HR procedures implementation and compliance.
He/she actively participates to the Cooperative strategy definition, to proposals writing and establishment of all necessary means for planned activities.
He/She is in charge of financial, logistics and HR management within the RLH-coop. pilot project, on behalf oth the consortium
He/She is accountable for the project finance balance.
He/She is accountable for internal and donors’ procedures compliance
Responsibilities and duties
Structuration and development of RLH-coop. support departments
1. Contribution to organization’s cross cutting topics and carry the support department vision and priorities
- Participates to board’s meeting
- Compile and presents contributions from support services when necessary
- Support other departments upon needs
- Actively participate to proposals writing and donors report for all support components
2. Financial processes design and implementation
- Accountability: Accounting software selection, analytical accounting creation
- Cashflow management: Bank account opening and management. RLH Coop Cash flow processes creation
- Implement financial follow up tools and management
- Define accounting, financial and cash flow policies
3. HR process design and implementation
- Define RLH-coop. HR policy
- Implement HR administrative management
- Ensure RLH-coop. proper registration to French authorities and administration
4. Logistics processes design and implementation
- Define logistics, procurement, ICT and IS policies
- Define procurement thresholds and approval processes
- Define RLH-coop. needs of IT infrastructures
RLH-coop. project support management
1. Project financial management in coordination with SI and ACF finance departments
- In coordination with SI finance department, pilot all project financial flows (Donors, consortium partners, others
- In coordination with accountants of Consortium partners, organize regular follow up meeting
- Consolidate and control financials tools for consortium partners
- Consolidate budget follow up on monthly basis, and ensure project financial balance at all time.
- Analyse and propose budget adjustments if needed
- Control project support costs
- Ensure the right integration of potential new coming grants to the project
2. Procurement management in coordination with consortium partners supply departments
- Ensure respect and implementation of donors and consortium partners rules and regulations
- Approve procurement documentation
- Manage project procurement procedures plans
- Define procurement chonogram plan in line with activities planning and procedures constraints
3. Logistics Management
Premises, Assets and communications tools management
- Ensure assets follow-up and maintenance
- Define communication tools strategy, standards, and follow-up
- Manage premises and staff’s working conditions
4. Human resources management in coordination with consortium partners HR departments
- Define and implement recruitment plan for all department in coordination
- Create jobs description needed for project implementation in coordination with all departments.
- Ensure compliance with labour laws and HR standards
5. Internal and external reporting management
- Ensure Administrative, financial, logistics and HR project reporting
- Generate donors reports in coordination with all departments
- Ensure the implementation of the archiving system
- Prepare and manage audits and adhoc checks
Organigram : Position under RLH-coop. CEO’s direct management
- Humanitarian experience, at least 5 years
- Field Support (Logistics, Finance, HR) coordinator experiences or equivalent is required (2 years)
- Consortium or Lead Consortium experience is highly recommended
Knowledge and Skills
- Fluent in English and French
- Strong skills in presentation and facilitation
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a quickly changing environment
- Interpersonal skills and teamwork capacities
- Change management
- Knowledge of major humanitarian donors rules and regulations
- Knowledge of basic humanitarian NGO financial, HR and logistics procedures
- IT: Microsoft Office, Microsoft 365, Power BI
SI WILL OFFER YOU
- Position based at Solidarités International’s Headquarters, in Clichy (France) with short visits to the field. Teleworking commodities from Franceare available.
- Fixed-term contract, 16 months
- Gross monthly salary: from 3 456 € to 3 600 € depending of the experience of the candidate
- 12 days of TOIL Day/year
- Health Insurance (80 %), meal voucher (60%), transport tickets (50%)
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://bit.ly/3l5OcgH. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/