WWF-Myanmar is now seeking an experienced, dedicated and strategic professional to lead our Freshwater programme and keep Myanmar’s rivers free-flowing.
Come be part of history as we support Myanmar ensure its sustainable development pathway fully accounts for its globally important freshwater ecosystems. Please check www.wwf.org.mm for further details of WWF-Myanmar.
The Freshwater Programme and Policy Manager is responsible for the leadership, strategic development, management and resourcing necessary to implement the strategies of WWF-Myanmar’s freshwater programme.
· Lead the development and implementation of WWF-Myanmar’s freshwater programme, including strategy, work plans, and fundraising
· Act as coordinator for one or more of WWF-Myanmar’s sub-landscapes in the Ayeyarwady River Basin Landscape (ARL), including ensuring full implementation of WWF’s Environmental and Social Safeguards Framework (ESSF)
· Integrate climate change as part of the overall freshwater programme strategies, with a particular focus on identifying opportunities for nature-based solutions (NBS) related to freshwater
· Identify priorities for site/landscape-scale interventions to conserve and protect freshwater biodiversity (e.g. the Irrawaddy Dolphin and migratory fish species)
· Lead and coordinate fundraising/proposal development for WWF-Myanmar’s freshwater programme
The detailed job description is at http://www.wwf.org.mm/en/myanmar_career_page/
· Master’s degree in water resource management, environmental or conservation management, development studies, or in a related relevant field
· Thorough understanding of water, socio-economic, hydropower, conservation and development issues in Myanmar**
· Knowledge of the policy/institutional context related to freshwater management in Myanmar**
· Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fundraising, donor strategies, functions, governmental and international relations
· At least 7 years of practical experience in leading and managing freshwater management and freshwater-related conservation initiatives, at least 3 years of which should be in Myanmar/Southeast Asia/Asia and at least 5 years of advocacy experience, preferably in Asia
· Proven experience of managing freshwater related projects and programmes funded by a diversity of sources including governments and aid agencies, private sector donors
· Fluency in written and spoken English, knowledge of Myanmar language is an advantage
How to apply
Closing Date: 30 August 2021 (Monday)
Interested candidates should email email@example.com or send a hard copy cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to 15C, Than Taman Street, Dagon Township Yangon, stating the applied position title. Email application documents should be addressed as Document_Your fullname.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.