G5 Co-ordinator, Legal Tools Team (fluent in French)
Central London or Edinburgh (Please note that while this role is advertised as office-based, IIED will remain a predominantly remote-working organisation for the foreseeable future)
The closing deadline for applications is midnight on 3 September 2021
Interviews will be held the week commencing 20 September 2021
The International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED) is a policy and action
research organisation. We promote sustainable development to improve livelihoods and protect the environments on which these livelihoods are built. We specialise in linking local priorities to global challenges. IIED is based in London and works in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and the Pacific, with some of the world’s most vulnerable people. We work with them to strengthen their voice in the decision-making arenas that affect them – from village councils to international conventions.
IIED’s Natural Resources Group (NRG) seeks to promote sustainable governance of natural resources by building capacity and promoting informed decision-making in communities in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our priority is on local control and management of natural resources and other ecosystem services and on the necessary changes needed in national and international government to make this happen.
We are now looking for a bilingual G5 Co-ordinator to join our Legal Tools Team, based within the NRG, on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £32,287 – £35,529 per annum (up to £40,066 available for exceptional candidates) based on skills and experience
- Benefits package
This is the ideal role for a talented administrator with fluent French language skills and event support and financial admin experience to advance their career with our ground-breaking organisation.
This varied and exciting role will see you getting involved in a wide array of activities across our organisation from financial reporting and project budgeting to event and marketing support. With no two day ever the same, you will be supporting people around the world whilst advancing your skills and doing what you do best.
As the G5 Co-ordinator, you will be tasked with co-ordinating project tasks for our Legal tools Team.
Working both in English and French, you will be involved in financial admin, produce communications and help to organise events.
Working alongside the Programme Manager and Senior Co-ordinators, you will manage simple project budgets and financial activities within projects, supporting a range of colleagues with their activities.
Specifically, you will:
- Complete financial reporting for projects
- Support auditing processes
- Assist with promotional and marketing activities for publications and events
- Update and maintain databases and information platforms
- Draft, process and monitor contracts and subcontracts
To be considered as a G5 Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Previous experience in a similar administration and/or office support orientated role
- Fluency in English (both verbal and written) and the ability to work proficiently in French
- Experience of providing events support (ideally for events both in the UK, overseas and online), e.g. booking meeting venues, arranging catering, booking travel and visas
- Experience with the financial administration of projects (managing budgets and general finance and reporting procedures)
- Knowledge of editorial and publishing processes
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills with close attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint and in particular Excel)
- A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent level of education or experience
Formal training in Excel would be desirable for this role, as would experience of Access Focal Point; MS SharePoint platforms; CRM Dynamics 365 and in Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, InDesign).
Experience of working in an international context would also be beneficial to your application, as would experience of working in a non-profit organisation.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Administrator, Project Support Officer, Administration Officer, Office Manager, Project Co-ordinator, or Programme Co-ordinator.
Webrecruit and IIED are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a G5 Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.