360 Health Systems Diagnostics and Correction (360HSDC) is a sister organization to Idmibok International. It is a holistic health development organization bringing expertise and innovative technology to address health-related challenges in the development sector. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities- such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, nongovernmental organizations, and the private sector, we draw on the breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems. 360HSDC has a multifaceted team of experts with proficiency and experience in tackling the growing incidence of communicable and non-communicable diseases in Nigeria.
This is a consultancy for a proposal the organization is working on. The Gender and Inclusion Advisor will have overall responsibility for ensuring the implementation of social inclusion strategies across the program’s outputs and will provide technical leadership to other members of the program team to plan, implement and monitor activities that will aim to ensure that vulnerable and currently underrepresented or excluded population groups, including children and their caregivers and people with disabilities, are covered by inclusive and accountable social protection. This consultancy may subsequently evolve into a long-term contractual employment.
- Develop policies that aim to reduce gender disparities in access to, control over, and benefit from resources, wealth, opportunities, and services in economic, social, political, and cultural arenas
- Lead the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the program’s social inclusion strategy in line with the donor’s expectations and 360HSDC’s country strategic plan on social inclusion.
- Provide training and capacity development support for staff and partners on mainstreaming gender and inclusion good practice and key tools to be used at each stage of the project cycle.
- Build the capacities of women on GBV risks and mitigation strategies, referral pathways, participatory safety audits at community level, and sex- age and disability-disaggregated data (SADDD) needed to inform GBV response.
- Provide technical support and mainstream social inclusion into select social protection programmes of the state government.
- Influence the integration of the program’s critical social inclusion priorities into key decision-making structures and processes in the states.
- Lead on developing articles, technical briefs, presentations etc. in relation to gender equality outcomes of social protection programmes as required
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts in various sectors (including government, NGO, civil society and the media), particularly those working on gender and social inclusion issues to expand the level of engagement in social protection.
- Contribute to the program’s review and reporting processes, including sharing and disseminating best practices on gender equality and inclusion mainstreaming in social protection.
- Contribute to the program’s knowledge management system in a way that documents and establishes 360HSDC’s commitments and expertise in gender and social inclusion.
- Provide technical support on gender and inclusion to other programmes as required.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or a related field
- Demonstrated technical experience in Gender and Inclusion trainings and capacity building exercises
- Experience in improving women and marginalized leadership and participation in all aspects of conflict prevention, stabilization, and peacebuilding
- Experience in promoting inclusive governance, decision making, and planning processes, at community and local government level
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within states and country as needed.
- Excellent communication skills in English and a native language.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover letter (addressing previous related work and how you intend to carry out this project) and Certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Job Title as the subject, e.g “Gender and Inclusion Advisor”
Only Nigerian nationals or people with a Nigerian work permit can apply, as sponsorship will not be offered for this position.
Note: Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.