The purpose of this consultancy is to conduct a Sex and Gender Based Analysis (SGBA) of NI’s Adolescent, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health & Nutrition (AMNCHN) programs in the following regions of Ethiopia: Amhara, Oromia, Sidama & SNNP.
- Assess the gender equality issues relevant to adolescents’ & women’s (including their newborn and under five children) health & nutrition in the select program areas. These include socio-economic status of adolescents, pregnant &lactating women and caregivers of under five children vulnerabilities to malnutrition, access & potential to participate to health &nutrition, as well as social and behavioral norms & practices of their households and community that are determined by gender.
- Assess, identify and discuss the level of gender mainstreaming in program design, implementation and MEAL system & indicators in AMNCHN programs for Ethiopia. These include gender sensitive outputs/activities and gender responsive outcomes, and behavior change objectives and materials to address gendered barriers and promote gender equality as related to the integrated health & nutrition interventions
- Identify potential opportunities and enablers and provide recommendations for developing short- and long-term strategies including behavior change entry points and communication objectives & materials to promote positive gender rules, gender sensitive outputs/activities and gender responsive outcomes to promote gender equality and girls’ and women’s empowerment through the integrated programs
- Identify and explain potential gender impacts of COVID-19 pandemic, in Ethiopia in general & in program areas in particular, as related to the disease burden and amid to public health emergency measures to contain the pandemic, and provide recommendations of gender-sensitive support to both program beneficiaries’ and key service providers’& promoters’ at the health facility , school and community level.
A concise report (preferably not more than 50 pages) consisting of:
· Full report of the landscape and rapid situational analysis .
· Short- and long-term recommendations/strategies for gender mainstreaming within the programs including:
1) Behavior change entry points and communication objectives & materials to promote positive gender rules,
2) Gender sensitive outputs/activities and gender responsive outcomes to promote gender equality and girls’ and women’s empowerment through the integrated programs
3) List of identified stakeholders from multiple sectors from national , regional, woreda and service delivery point level , through the stakeholders mapping , and strategic& operational recommendations on how to involve & work with them to address the identified gender barriers to promote gender equality and girls’ and women’s empowerment through multi-sectoral coordination and program partnership.
4) Psycho-graphic profile for each of key program target ( i.e. school going adolscent girls , adolscent girls outside of schools ,pregnant and lactating woman, and mother/caregiver of under 5 child/ern)to evoke vivid pictures of the target who make up the actual primary target of health &nutrition interventions.
· Discussion paper on potential gender impacts of COVID-19 pandemic and recommendations of gender-sensitive support to both program beneficiaries’ and key service providers & promoters at the health facility , school and community level
· Complete data set of the landscape analysis and rapid situational analysis conducted.
How to apply
Interested consultant/s should submit their expression of interest (EOI) that details the methodology and work plan for this assignment. In addition, the submissions to be considered must include the below.
· Updated and detailed copy of their CV/s and copies of their academic and professional certificates.
· Description of the consultant/s experience including similar examples of pieces of work
o Proposed data collection methods should be clearly identified
o Methodology to reflect COVID-prevention measures
o Proposed sampling, analytical and triangulation frameworks
o Sample of presentation of results within the scope of work.
· Budget proposal that includes unit cost & daily rate, quantity that matches with expected level of effort or amount. Please add a column to provide justification / Additional note on important budget items.
· Submissions should be sent to Program.applicationETH@nutritionintl.org no later than May 23, 2021. For any questions related to this opportunity and a detailed Terms of Reference please contact Sarah Pentlow at email@example.com