The post holder will work with all sectors and parts of the organisation to design and ensure the quality of gender sensitive and gender transformative programmes, and mitigate GBV and harmful traditional practices (FGM, early marriage) across the programme cycle. In addition, they will regularly consult women, girls, men and boys to identify targeted gender equality and GBV interventions and support existing sectors to protect and empower girls. S/he will support the integration of a gender equality lens in Save the Children’s advocacy and campaign efforts. S/he will lead capacity strengthening efforts on gender equality with Country Office, as well as with local partners; and support initiatives to collect, measure and report on program learnings and innovation on gender transformative approaches. Furthermore, S/he will support the Senior Leadership Team in advancing gender equality efforts in our organisational culture.
The position is National
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Degree in Gender and Women’s Studies, International Development/Relations or related field, or equivalent training/experience
- 5-7 years’ field work experience implementing, managing, and/or providing technical assistance to programs in developing countries with a focus on gender equality and GBV; focus on child and youth programming desirable
- Proven experience with gender-transformative child rights programming in areas of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, Livelihoods, Maternal, Newborn and Child Heath, and/or Education, Child protection.
- Commitment to and understanding of gender equality, child rights, child participation, GBV Guiding Principles, the aims and principles of SC, and humanitarian standards such as the Sphere Charter and the IASC GBV Guidelines;
- Experience in working as a Gender Equality Advisor in humanitarian contexts is desirable
- Demonstrated thought leadership expertise such as contributions to academic journals, books, articles; speaking engagements, workshop facilitation, leading conference presentations and panels is an asset.
Contract duration: 1 year (with possible extension)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Z2thbWF1LjcxMjQ0LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…