Key Areas of Responsibility and Deliverables:
- General mentorship skills
- To facilitate trainings on STIs/HIV, Sexual and reproductive health rights, sexual gender-based violence, case management, life skills and menstrual hygiene management, advocacy and children’s rights and communication skills.
- Offer guidance on group formation
- Conduct training and refresher trainings for the mentors as needed
Methodology and scope of work
- The facilitator will be required to work with CFK team to successfully deliver various activities.
- The facilitator is expected to conduct sessions in English using multiple methods such as power point, practical exercises, analytical case studies on best practices, ready reference take away notes for participants, participatory games, songs and interactive videos, discussions, games, activities.
- Based on the assessment and engagement with CFK GEP team, drafting the methodology and training/workshop schedule and submission to the CFK for approval.
- Finalizing the methodology and training/workshop schedule.
- Use training manual that will meet learners’ needs and training objectives.
- Work plan for developing the training/workshops, including strategy and proposed methodologies, as well as quality assurance plan;
- Evaluation of the trainer/facilitator work, based on evaluation forms received from participants;
- Successful facilitation of the training/workshop.
- Technical advice and support to participants during the training/workshop
- Final training report on the implementation of the tasks after finishing the training/workshops inclusive of pictorials where necessary to inform on the impact of the training.
- Selection of the training/workshop dates and period in coordination with the CFK;
- Based on the adopted methodology and training/workshop schedule, conduct the training/workshop;
- Lead and provide expert input on specific sessions during the training.
- Provide materials as needed in various contexts including breakouts, group session and ensure timely completion of activities and events.
- Continuously gauge and solicit feedback from participants formally and informally.
- Provide a report on the conducted trainings/workshops with detailed feedback on lessons learnt and outputs.
Duration and time frame
Three (3) days after signing of the contract the trainer/facilitator will have to provide to CFK with plan for implementing trainings/workshops that will articulate the overall requirements of the TOR including proposed methodology, work plan with clear timelines, and division of labour where necessary.
How to apply
Please submit your technical and financial proposal detailing your interpretation of the terms of reference and methodology for carrying out the assignment in plain sealed envelope to The Head of Operations, Carolina for Kibera (CFK), P. O. Box 10763, 00100 Nairobi or via email to email@example.com on or before close of business on 7th May 2021.
Please provide; Technical financial proposal and expression of interest, names and contacts of three recent professional referees (previous clients) for whom similar work has been conducted, an example of similar pieces of work completed recently and Curriculum vitae (CV) outlining relevant qualifications and experience.