World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Global Director for Global Centre Audit, you will be one of five Directors reporting to the Global Chief Audit Executive and providing World Vision International’s Board of Directors and Executive with objective, risk-based assurance and consulting services, recommending enhancements to mitigate risks that threaten achievement of World Vision’s strategy and objectives at all levels across the World Vision partnership.
Based on your experience as a “Big 4” partner/director or similar, you will help drive continual enhancement of Global Internal Audit’s (GIA) services to the organisation. You have the gravitas, strategic perspectives and experience to manage complexity and be a “trusted advisor” to the organisation’s senior leadership across 6 continents, providing insightful and objective recommendations on governance, risk management and internal control. Your work will help build stakeholder confidence in World Vision’s control environment.
You will build and lead a small international team in applying GIA’s vision and strategic initiatives and will determine, plan and guide risk-based audits in 20 Support (fundraising) Offices, Regional Offices and Global Centre Departments. You will be responsible for reporting internal audit results to national and international Audit and Risk Committees, as applicable. Extensive stakeholder collaboration will be required, as will a commitment to professional excellence and to empowering your staff.
This is a demanding but meaningful role in which your professional skills and experience will be applied in service, helping to bring “life in all its fullness” to the most vulnerable children of the world.
- At least seven years’ experience at Director (Partner) level or similar in a combination of internal audit, public accounting or financial management.
- Strong business acumen and technical expertise in governance, risk management and internal audit
- Ability to listen well, bring structure from complexity, see the big picture, build collaborative relationships, seek constructive outcomes, while maintaining independence.
- Experience in building, leading and mentoring virtual and cross-cultural teams to produce quality outputs, under pressure and with limited resources.
- Must be a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time (negotiable).
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online by the closing date 09 JUNE, 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.