*Position locations in Southern or West Africa Region where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Global Internal Auditor, you will to assure WVI management on the effectiveness of its risk management, control and governance processes and to provide advice to accomplish its aspirations and goals by:
- Leading Risk Based Integrated Audit (RBIA) of Support/National/Regional Offices and Global Centre Functions: The scope includes the audit of key functions such as Marketing & Fundraising, Program/Operational effectiveness, Governance, and other ministry functions such as P&C, Supply Chain, Finance, Strategy etc.
- Leading Thematic Audits in a particular theme or risk, e.g., safeguarding, supply chain management, cyber security, that may cut across all entities in the Partnership.
- Providing advisory services to the Partnership and Business leaders on key organizational changes or initiatives aimed at minimizing threat to the achievement of ministry objectives.
- Promoting good stewardship over funding received among key stakeholders of audited entities to ensure alignment with WVI standards.
- Minimum of 5-7 years audit experience.
- Experience on Enterprise Risk Management, IT audits, Fraud Examination, Marketing & Fund Raising.
- At least 3 years of risk-based audit experience.
- Proven experience to produce quality outputs under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other relevant field.
- Fluency in English, solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in any other of WVI’s official languages seen as a positive (i.e. French, Spanish, Portuguese).
- This position requires ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time to international locations. The incumbent should have minimum restrictions to travel to many destinations world-wide.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 28 MAY 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.