The USAID-funded Global Integrated Land and Resource Governance Program, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Global Program Officer. The position is open to global applicants, working with a team on multiple continents. Preference is given to applicants who can be based in Burlington, VT, Arlington, VA or the Eastern United States.
The USAID-funded Integrated Land and Resource Governance (ILRG) Program seeks a mid-level Global Program Officer to support implementation, learning, and communications on a global land rights program. The position requires an ability to draw parallels between different country contexts, and a mix of quantitative analytical skill alongside community-based, participatory social science expertise.
* Assist country programs in analyzing land and natural resource tenure issues, and identify pathways to link field experience to policy and scaling.
* Lead one or more implementation areas of the ILRG program, taking ownership of technical quality, budget management, management of local/international partners and results. This may be country activities, or thought leadership areas of interest to generate content for a global audience.
* Lead the development of blogs, briefs, slideshows and other outreach to highlight impacts of USAID activities, working with country staff and partners. This includes telling the stories of individual beneficiaries, as well as consolidating broader cross-country learning.
* Carry out statistical analyses of existing data, working with activity leads and Chief of Party to support learning objectives outlined in the monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan.
* Train local partners and international partners in the use of mobile data collection tools, in many cases leading the development of relevant forms for data collection.
* Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)
* Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in working with USAID projects, multi-country project management, and/or land tenure;
* Required background in one or more of the following technical areas: land and resource rights, land administration, gender equality, women’s empowerment, land-based investment and agricultural value chains, and/or private sector engagement.
* Required availability to travel 30% time, including multi-week trips (health and safety permitting).
* Experience with mobile data collection in Open Data Kit, GIS, database management, data visualization, data analysis (statistics and models).
* Experience with USAID contracting, or other relevant donor agency funded projects.
* Fluency in English and speaking and reading proficiency in Portuguese or French preferred.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/2VKj4cx
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.