We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for social change through skateboarding to join Skateistan’s team in Berlin for a six-month part-time position supporting the Goodpush Alliance. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to gain a range of experience in online network building, event planning, e-learning, and measuring impact – while working with a world-class international team of youth development experts.
Skateistan is the global leader in skateboarding-based youth development programming. The Goodpush Alliance is an initiative by Skateistan to support and share knowledge among social skateboarding projects worldwide, so that we can make a bigger impact together.
The Goodpush Officer will work closely with Skateistan’s Goodpush Program Manager at our international head office in Berlin, Germany (or in a remote location in a similar time zone). You will contribute to the Alliance’s growth and development through administrative support, event planning, webinar facilitation, research, e-learning course development, and community management (online and office) – helping to build the Goodpush Alliance’s reach worldwide.
During this time, you will gain insight into the workings of the first international NGO to combine skateboarding and education activities for youth empowerment, as well as the work of incredible grassroots skateboarding organizations around the world.
This is a six-month, part-time paid position (15hrs/week), based in Berlin, Germany, or remote (working on CET/CAT timezone). The position would ideally take place from August 2021 – February 2022.
- Drafting social media content
- Help moderate an Goodpush.org platform for social skate projects
- Drafting blog posts
- Moderating forum
- Updating social skate map
- Drafting content for Goodpush newsletters
- Responding to emails
- Building connections with other (Action) Sports for Development actors, in particular seeking external recognition of the Goodpush Alliance activities and resources
Training and support:
- Help with scheduling and facilitating support calls, webinars and training for Goodpush members
- Help with content creation for Goodpush Toolkit and Library
- Help with e-learning platform administration and content creation
- Facilitation or co-facilitation of online workshops
- Helping create slide presentations
Event planning (in-person and online):
- Logistics: registration forms, bookings, schedules, email updates, printing, procurement
- Event setup and management
- Drafting follow up summaries from events
- Helping host or represent Skateistan at events
- Tracking support sessions in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Analysis of annual Survey of Social Skateboarding Projects
- Analysis of feedback and survey results
- Researching funding leads
- Keeping contacts updated in our CRM
Competencies and knowledge:
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Knowledgeable about using social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Native-level English
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Facilitation skills (online and in-person)
- Project management skills
- Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, Docs and Sheets)
- Very strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills across multi-cultural contexts
- Excellent time management and general organization
- Experience working for a non-profit, especially in the sport for development or education sectors
- Knowledgeable and passionate about social skateboarding sector and youth development
Any of the below would also be an asset:
- Experience with website development and/or online community management (especially Drupal)
- Experience in facilitation and public speaking
- Experience in e-learning content development
- Graphic design skills
- Event planning experience
- Work experience in cross-cultural contexts
- Proficiency in other languages
Skateistan is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage applications from people who identify as ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and individuals from groups that have been marginalised.
Skateistan has zero tolerance for child abuse, and we require every employee and volunteer to sign our child protection policy declaration and pass a thorough check up including but not limited to a police clearance certificate.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload a CV and Cover Letter by clicking this link. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.