ABOUT THE STRUCTURE…
Solidarités International is an International NGO working with vulnerable populations, mainly victims of armed conflicts and natural disasters. Specialized for nearly 40 years in the coverage of vital needs, S.I. takes charge of emergency and reconstruction programs.
With respect for cultures and close to the people, Solidarités International implements its programs by combining its skills with those of its employees and local managers.
Solidarités International’s teams, made up of around 270 expatriates and nearly 2200 local employees, are today present in 18 countries in Asia, Middle East, Africa and Caribbean where they are particularly committed to fighting diseases related to unsafe water but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Partnership and Grant Coordinator plays a key role in developing and monitoring the partnership and financial strategies for the country office. He or she guarantees a high level of interdepartmental coordination in the management of grants and provides strategic support to the country office on issues of donor relations, external representation, implementing partners management, external compliance, and donor accountability.
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Develop SI Lebanon Mission Partnership Strategy in collaboration with HoP & Technical Coordinators
- Develop Grants & Donor Engagement Strategy in collaboration with HoP and CD
- Oversee all grants & reporting requirements within missions portfolio.
Responsibilities and main activities:
SUPERVISION and TEAM MANAGEMENT
The Coordinator oversees the Reporting Officer and/or the Partnership Officer. He/she contributes to the recruitment and evaluations of performances.
- The Coordinator contributes to external representation towards donors by participating in meetings, and/or providing them regular progress updates on projects. He/she communicates with donors regarding program difficulties or delays that would require project adaptations or modifications.
- The Coordinator keeps track of minutes of donor meetings and follows up on action points and outstanding issues.
- The Coordinator oversees the development of communication materials for donors.
COUNTRY OFFICE FUNDING STRATEGY
- The Coordinator makes a strong contribution to the definition of the mission’s financial and partnership strategies, and develops and monitors the action plans emanating from it.
- The Coordinator maps donors, monitors donor funding opportunities and donors’ geographical strategies, and makes recommendations to the Country Director on the country office’s portfolio and business development opportunities. He/she may meet with new donors in order to present the local and regional strategy of SI, the country intervention logic, and so on.
- The Coordinator ensures coordination between the country office and headquarters (Transparency and Institutional Development Direction and Private Partnerships Unit) in order to disseminate funding needs identified by the program team or other departments.
DEVELOPMENT OF PROJECT DOCUMENTS (PROPOSALS, REPORTS, REQUEST FOR AMENDMENTS)
- The Coordinator oversees and facilitates the development of project proposals, reports and modification requests.
- The Coordinator finalizes and validates project documents before submitting them to headquarters, ensuring alignment with donor expectations and requirements.
- The Coordinator makes sure that the contractual terms proposed by the donor or Lead Recipient before the start of a project are realistic and applicable, given the local context and internal IS procedures.
- The Coordinator provides strategic support to the desk and/or the country director in the negotiation phase before signing grants and partnership agreements.
- Working closely with the grant manager, the Coordinator plans and leads all grant launching and closing meetings.
- In collaboration with the Finance Coordinator, the Coordinator follows up on disbursement requests throughout the project until the final report is accepted by the donor, the final advance payment is made, and the grant is closed.
- The Coordinator identifies potential implementing partners and oversees due diligence exercises with future SI implementing partners.
- The Coordinator oversees or coordinates with implementing partners in the development of project documents.
- The Coordinator is responsible for developing partnership agreements, coordinating the contracting phase with partners, and ensuring the proper dissemination of contractual obligations to the implementing partners. He/she is responsible for ensuring that project modifications and amendments to the grant agreements are properly reflected in the partnership agreements.
- Where applicable, and in close liaison with the program department, the Coordinator oversees the definition of the partner capacity building plan at the beginning of the project, and monitors the plan throughout the project cycle.
EXTERNAL COMPLIANCE and AUDITS
- The Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the response exercises to the due diligence questionnaires required by the donors or Lead Partners in collaboration with C&T Manager.
- The Coordinator conducts trainings for staff on donor accountability tools and procedures in collaboration with C&T Manager.
- When a need is identified, the Coordinator develops tools to facilitate compliance with donors’ contractual obligations. He/she also ensures the proper use and dissemination of existing tools for managing grants and partnerships.
- The Coordinator works closely with all relevant departments to proactively and regularly monitor program compliance with donor requirements.
- In collaboration with the C&T Manager, the Coordinator acts as a focal point for coordinating external audits with other departments and headquarters. He/she monitors the audit schedule, and liaises with the Transparency and Institutional Development Department at headquarters to plan and support external audits in the field.
- The Coordinator ensures that content (articles, photos) is regularly provided to the communication service and complies with contractual obligations.
- The Coordinator ensures the proofreading of articles and the sharing of information in collaboration with the Country Director and the Communication Department.
Specific skills and experience:
- At least 5 years experience in international humanitarian/emergency contexts and at least 2 years as Grants Manager (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures & coordination of processes
- Experience in developing/managing partnerships with NNGOs inclusive of grants/sub-grants management
- Experience with key donors: BHA, ECHO, EU, AFD, UN donors
- Relevant degree in development studies, social sciences or other relevant field
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritise tasks
- Strong diplomacy skills, patience and clear communication skills
- Ability to coordinate many departments / teams
- English required, French & Arabic preferred
Managed by/reporting to : Head of Programmes
Manages : Reporting and Communication Officer, Reporting Officer, Partnership Officer
HQ reporting to: CRDB (+ Direction of communication when relevant).
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: 2,400 USD as a basic salary
Vacation: 1.5 Paid Leaves per month
Social and medical cover.
How to apply
Does this description fit you?
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
CONTACT PERSON NAME: Mariam KAWTHARANI
CONTACT PERSON POSITION: DEPUTY HR COORDINATOR
CONTACT PERSON EMAIL: email@example.com