Fortify Rights works to ensure human rights for all. We support human rights defenders, investigate human rights violations, and engage people with power. We believe in the influence of evidence-based research, the power of strategic truth telling, and the importance of working in close collaboration with individuals, communities, and movements pushing for change. Fortify Rights is an independent, nonprofit organization based in Southeast Asia and registered in the United States and Switzerland.
The Grants Associate works closely with the Senior Grants Specialist to ensure adequate resources are available to support the activities of Fortify Rights. She/he supports the management of grants, including developing grant proposals and renewals and maintaining positive communications with grant-makers. The Grants Associate is also responsible for ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions of grants and will work with relevant Fortify Rights team members to produce high quality periodic reports. The Grants Associate will lead the identification of new funding sources, maintaining accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on prospective grants, and support the development of new funding relationships. Additionally, she/he will coordinate with country-based Human Rights Specialists and work closely with community-based partners to assist them in accessing emergency fund for human rights defenders at risk. The Grants Associate is an integral member of Fortify Rights’ growing team with technical expertise to maximize and scale the organization’s impact.
- Support the Senior Grants Specialist on the overall management of Fortify Rights’ fundraising-related activities.
- Regularly research and identify prospective grant opportunities that align with Fortify Rights’ mandate and strategic approach. Develop and maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on prospective grants.
- Monitor and update deadlines to submit grant proposals, renewals and reports. Work with relevant team members to manage and ensure the timely submission of grant proposals, renewals and reports to ensure organizational compliance with the terms and conditions of grant contracts.
- With support from the Senior Grants Specialist, work with relevant team members to develop clear, complete, and high-quality grant proposal, renewal and report package for submission to donors. Develop draft narrative project descriptions, compile and prepare necessary supporting documentation, and coordinate with relevant team members to finalize grant proposals, renewals and reports.
- Follow up with donors on pending grant proposals and renewals and coordinate with relevant Fortify Rights team members to prepare and respond to potential requests for additional information or materials.
- Support the Senior Grants Specialist in liaising and communicating with prospective and current grant donors to Fortify Rights. Support the executive team’s engagement with grant-making individuals and institutions.
- Coordinate with country-based Human Rights Specialists and work closely with community-based partners and assist them to access emergency fund for human rights defenders at risk.
- Develop a sound understanding of Fortify Rights’ work and projects to be able to professionally represent the organization to donors and other external actors.
- Work closely in collaboration with the Fortify Rights team to constructively build the organization, support its expansion, and ensure its sustainability.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- A degree in relevant fields and/or at least two years of work experience managing a grant portfolio.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations in Asia.
- Familiarity with human rights issues, preferably within the context of Asia.
- Excellent writing, organization, and time management skills. Strong attention to details and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage and work efficiently in a fast-paced but flexible environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience in a multi -ethnic team.
- Sound judgment and ability to take initiative.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required. Additional language skills preferred.
- Applicants from Southeast Asia preferred.
To be discussed with short-listed candidates.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Fortify Rights seeks exceptional applicants and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Fortify Rights is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible team, actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants.
How to apply
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “GRANTS ASSOCIATE.” This post will remain open until filled.