The Grants and Contracts (G&C) Manager will be responsible for delivering an efficient and effective grants management function. The G&C will lead grant management for all programs, and develop best practice grants management processes across the Jordan Country Office. The role has three main aspects to it: lead and develop the Country Office grant management effort; business development, and reporting.
The G&C Manager will work closely with program staff, finance, program quality and operations to ensure quality management of CARE Jordan programs in the portfolio.
The individual will be responsible for working with all other teams in the Country Office and CARE partners to develop the capacity of all staff and provide on-the-job support including capacity building for staff, and contributing to the development of best practices, systems and processes.
The individual will play a strong coordination role across CARE global network and with donors to identify funding opportunities. They will co-ordinate development of high-quality proposals that are reflective of CARE and donor strategic objectives, ensuring proposal budgets are accurately costed. During implementation they will provide support and information to the technical and field-based teams to deliver donor compliant grants and high quality and timely donor reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Grants Management and Compliance (45**% of** Time)**
- Clear understanding of CARE Global grants and sub grant management processes and key donor requirements, and support teams across CO to ensure all opportunities, proposals, contracts and amendments follow CARE processes.
- Manage sub-agreement processes including partner selection, due diligence, capacity assessments, partnership reviews, modifications, and close-outs.
- Lead grant opening, close-out meetings as well as progress reviews. Support the development of and follow up of implementation plans with relevant units, and ensure contractual milestones are communicated to relevant staff.
- Ensure that key staff (including partners’) have a clear understanding of donor compliance requirements including any regulatory or contractual changes throughout the project management cycle and that there is a complete audit trail of the implementation and reporting for all grants.**
- Ensure regular grants and sub grant monitoring across the country office and facilitate regular meetings with key stakeholders to ensure individual grants performance is being tracked effectively, and that risks and issues are being recognized and action taken.
- Keep the Program Operations informed of any projected inabilities to meet contractual obligations, report submission and spend rates/significant budget variances. Be able to actively mitigate risks through proposing remedial solutions.
- Ensure integration of lessons learned or recommendations from previous grants, including donor feedback, evaluations, after action reviews, audits, etc.
- To work in collaboration with the finance department and provide technical advice regarding strategic donor costs allocations with a view to minimize compliance issues where possible.
- Coordinate with CARE’s government liaison on relevant Government of Jordan requirements related to G&C, including the follow up on obtaining relevant Government approvals, such as MOPIC for all CARE projects. On regular basis, provide EMT with MoPIC approval status, highlighting pending issues that needs immediate action on both short and medium terms.
Reporting and Communicating (30 % of Time**)**
- In close coordination with relevant Project and Program Managers; Ensure the production of high quality and timely reports that accurately reflect the impact achieved during the implementation of the project and in compliance with donor guidelines and CARE standards.
- Ensure tools and processes are adequate and in place for purpose to collect relevant quantitative and qualitative information required for reporting to a range of stakeholders.
- In close coordination with relevant Project and Program Managers; Provide editing and quality assurance of all internal and external reports for review by the Management prior to dissemination.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant networks and grant management staff of similar organizations in the country, as well as local representatives of donor organizations.
- Provide capacity building, training and supervision to program teams and local partners on reporting; and support in development of standardized information and reporting tools.
- Manage information flow from the country office to the region and headquarters on grants related matters.
- Maintain grants filing system for all CARE grants, including agreements, proposals, revisions, and reports.
Business Development (25% of Time)
- Lead the development of donor proposals, by building proposal calendars, following up with all relevant staff members to receive timely inputs, consolidating inputs and ensuring coherence with proposed budgets.
- Act as focal point in facilitating proposal reviews and approvals by technical advisors and other relevant persons at country, regional and HQ levels and ensure coordination and adherence to proposal timelines and requirements.
- In coordination with Program Quality and Program Operations, maintain a donor matrix and project pipeline with information on current and potential donors with regards to their priorities, policies and anticipated call for proposals.
- Engage with CARE network globally and provide information to support in the building of professional relationships with donors to identify strategic fundraising opportunities.
A. Education / Training
· Bachelor’s degree in *Social S**ciences,*** *Business Administration, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study***
· Master Degree in related field
B. Managerial Know How
Involves integrating and harmonizing requirements of diverse functions in operating, support, and administrative situations. It may be exercised through consultation as well as direct action; Management requires a combination of planning, organizing, controlling, and reviewing along with direct and indirect execution. Choose one of the following: Task; Minimal; Related; Diverse; Broad.
This position requires (Diverse) managerial know-how.
c. Experience Required:
· At least 5 years of professional experience in related field.
· Proven track record of in-country grant portfolio management and knowledge of major donors’ compliance requirements
· Proven experience writing proposals and managing information and reporting to donors (USAID, BPRM, FCDO, ECHO, UNHCR, OCHA, etc.)
· Proven track record of supporting a senior management team
· Demonstrated experience of working closely with program operations, business development and support services teams on activity planning and monitoring grants.
· Understanding of operational programming, including humanitarian and development settings.
· Experience communicating with impact in a complex stakeholder environment
d. Skills *Required
· Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities.
· Good attention to detail and analytical skills
· Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
· Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others
· Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, participatory approach and sustainable development.
· High level of expertise in using Microsoft Word & Excel
· Ability to work under pressure
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work on one’s own and complete tasks and produce high quality output.
· Should be customer focused, communicating with impact and managing performance effectively.
· Proactive in problem solving, initiating actions and making operational decisions***.***
E. Human relations skills
Consists of active practicing skills in the area of human relationships. In the work context Human Relations Skills include all capabilities that are needed to interact on a direct person-to-person basis, and through varied approaches build understanding of, acceptance of, or commitment to, courses of action that are important for the organization. These skills may be applied in relation to peers, subordinates or peers within the organization, or to people outside the organization. Human relations skills could be Basic, Important (Influencing) or Critical (See Guidelines for definitions).
The Human Relations Skills for this position are designated as Important
CARE Core Competencies:
- Respect – Behaving in a manner that reflects a true belief in and appreciation for the dignity and potential of all human beings. Gaining other people’s confidence and setting an environment of trust and openness.
- Integrity – Maintaining social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles inherent to CARE.
- Commitment to Service – this competency is woven throughout all aspects of the employee’s performance.
- Excellence – Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed; ensuring interactions and transactions are ethical and convey integrity.
- Diversity – Promoting, valuing, respecting and fully benefiting from each individual’s unique qualities, background, race, culture, age, gender, disability, values, lifestyle, perspectives or interests; creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes diversity.
- Analytical Skill.
- Building Commitment.
- Stress tolerance.
- Contribution to team success.
- Information monitoring.
Thinking Environment: Broadly Defined
Thinking Challenge: Adaptive.**
Is the answerability for actions and for their consequences. It is the measured effect of the job or position on end results. It has three dimensions in the following order of importance:** Freedom to Act; Impact on End Results; and Magnitude**.**
A) *Freedom to Act* is the degree to which personal or procedural control and guidance for work (or lack thereof) exists. This is a function of the organizational framework, the personnel and policy direction, and the flows, processes, and systems that are established in the organization. Choose one of the following: Limited; Prescribed; Controlled; Standardized; Regulated; Clearly Directed; Generally Directed; Guided; or Strategically Guided. (See Guidelines for definitions).
· This position would be designated as Clearly Directed
B) *Impact on End Results* considers the principal nature of the job’s influence on end results, which ranges from very direct control to very indirect support. Choose the Impact category that reflects the basic purpose of the job most clearly. Ancillary; Contributory; Shared; Primary (See Guidelines for definitions).
· This position would be Shared
C) *Magnitude*: Financial: What parts of CARE’s revenue and/or expenses are impacted by the job’s primary goals? Use current fiscal year amounts. e.g. project budget, fundraising or contract goal, budget managed or monitored, donations processed, purchases made, contracts negotiated/signed, benefits costs.
List the primary external and internal relationships, which the employee is expected to maintain. State the purpose of these interactions.
Govt. Liaison officer
How to apply
CARE International in Jordan places human dignity at the center of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children.
CARE International in Jordan is an Equal Opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or disability.
CARE is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us.