Grants Coordinator – Consultant
The post holder will be responsible for developing high quality concept notes and proposals, with the support of the New Business Development Manager, Programme Development and Quality (PDQ) team/Technical Advisers, Operations, Awards, and Finance teams, for major donors in particular BMZ, EU, Sida, Danida as well as other institutional, governmental, non-traditional and corporate donors. S/he is expected to coordinate closely with the above departments to ensure that the concept notes and the proposals are developed in compliance with the donors’ mandates and requirements and are of the highest technical quality – aligned to the Country Strategic Plan of the Syria Response Office areas.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Experience of supporting new business development in humanitarian programmes, in particular writing of new grant submissions (proposal and/or concept notes)
* Experience of leading the preparation of successful funding proposals for donors, including BMZ, EU, Sida, Danida and others
* Native-level English language proficiency
* Bachelor Degree in a relevant subject with relevant field experience
* Previous experience of project management and project cycle management, including project design, implementation and evaluation
* Good understanding of donor compliance and reporting mechanisms and requirements
* Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
* Ability to work well under pressure and work to deadlines while coordinating with multiple stakeholders
* Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
* Excellent communication skills
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
* Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children.
* Experience or understanding of the Syrian Context
* Experience working for Save the Children and working across organisational structures
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=aGViYWFrLjQwNzU5LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ