ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews’ Americas team is seeking a graphic designer to support its Americas programs. The ideal candidate is a responsive, creative individual with previous graphic design experience and excellent time management skills. This is a remote-first, full-time role with an expected term of approximately nine months.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Internews’ Headquarters offices are currently closed, and staff are working remotely until at least 1 July 2021. This is a remote-first position.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams, and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, sexual orientations, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and lay out reports such as Information Ecosystem Assessments (IEAs) and any other research conducted by Internews;
- Assist in designing digital security content for social media;
- Design how-to Manuals and Guides based on their content, and add design to Manuals and Guides based on their content;
- Create a wide range of data visualizations including but not limited to: interactive charts, graphs, images, and other tools;
- Create layout and design materials for Listening Post Collective including two-pagers, reports, slideshows, and digital images for social media;
- Complete graphic design for the Americas Team in Spanish and English as requested;
- Design different informational materials for various internal and external audiences;
- Assist in creating 1-2 pagers for external audiences on ICT analysis, including associated graphics;
- Any other design and graphic visual material required by the Internews team;
- Meet with communications officers and Internews team members to ensure graphic design guidelines are met under projects and contracts;
- Submit final deliverables to Internews in required formats.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-5 years of graphic design experience
- Skills in major design software systems, including but not limited to: InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, PowerBI
- The ability to work independently and manage time efficiently;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Professional-level fluency in English; professional proficiency in Spanish strongly desired
How to apply
Please submit application materials at https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTER…