GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving – and millions of lives – by allowing donors to provide capital grants directly to the world’s poorest. The Brookings Institution estimates that $70B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of which is allocated to evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing a benchmark, and in the process accelerate the end of extreme poverty. GiveDirectly has raised over $700M in revenue ($320M in 2020 alone), while being recognized as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company. The growing movement toward cash transfers and GD’s role in that movement have also been featured in This American Life, Foreign Affairs, The Economist, and Business Insider.
Cash transfers are at a potential inflection point: COVID-19 has amplified the challenges of bulkier in-kind aid models, and governments are deploying cash as their most common tool of assistance to vulnerable populations. GiveDirectly has an opportunity to leverage its strong track record (i.e. operations across 9 countries,, 13 randomized control trials), to both deliver immense impact and position itself as the premiere cash implementation vehicle globally.
We’re looking for exceptional talent to grow our collaborative, diverse team. Joining GiveDirectly provides the opportunity to work alongside individuals who come from 21 different countries and speak 69 different languages. We’re actively working towards an equitable and inclusive environment for all team members, and seek candidates who will bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our organization. We recruit from organizations across all industries: our team has hailed from sectors including start-ups, government, consultancies, investment banks, and nonprofits.
Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and fast-paced. We value ability, adaptability and willingness to learn.
We’re hiring an analytical and entrepreneurial Data Analyst to lead all things data to guide the Growth team’s decision making and improve processes to drive more dollars to recipients. This role reports directly to the Director of Product and will own the team’s end-to-end growth analytics, tackling challenges ranging from attribution reporting, architecting new data capture in Salesforce, to assessing impacts of different variables on retention. You’ll be joining an organization that’s known for being innovative and getting to define what great growth analytics look like, both at GiveDirectly and broadly for the sector. This role is best suited for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Own & drive strategy and execution on data systems & analysis for the Growth team, tracking hundreds of millions of dollars across the org
- Understand the Growth team’s business goals and perform analyses and experiments to identify opportunities and drive data driven decision making at the org
- Own the development, maintenance and delivery of our data pipelines to turn raw data into clear dashboards used regularly by leads across the organization
- Maintain our data integrity, from troubleshooting and solving data quality issues to maintaining clear and concise documentation
- Own technical builds to update our data models to support innovative new products and improve existing processes and drive stepwise impact
- Stay informed of industry trends to ensure the org maximizes its impact
We’re looking for candidates with:
- 4+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of experience working with data
- Strong analytical skills: experience with SQL, Excel/Sheets, BI software, ETLs / managing data pipelines
- Experience project management: comfortable getting buy in from stakeholders, managing timelines, and thinking through edge cases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate technical concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders, including in-country field teams, comms & marketing team, and donors
- A proactive, can do attitude: comfortable identifying and implementing process improvements that increase the team’s efficiency and impact
- Exceptional alignment with GD values (outlined below)
- Nice to have: experience with SalesForce, scripting languages (eg Apex, Python), Hubspot and/or Pardot, Google Analytics, GitHub, SiSense, Stitch (ETL)
In addition to the specific skills required for each role, we’re looking for candidates who are aligned with our GD Values, and who demonstrate our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity.
Why work at GiveDirectly?
At GiveDirectly, we work to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your role and on your team, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary
- A monthly benefits allowance that covers Health, Dental, and Vision monthly premiums
- Unlimited PTO (that we encourage staff to take!)
- Retirement plan options
*GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of “zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH)” and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.*