ActionAid International is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice.We want to see a just, fair and sustainable world, in which everybody enjoys the right to a life of dignity, and freedom from poverty and oppression. We work to achieve social justice and gender equality, and to eradicate poverty.
Provides overall leadership on Climate Justice within the Federation. Responsible for leading and facilitating the collective development and implementation of a rooted and impactful Climate Justice strategy that contributes to a feminist, green and just transition. Promotes ways of working within the ActionAid Federation around Climate Justice.
Represents ActionAid in key external engagements and policy spaces on climate justice, in close cooperation with key feminist and youth organisations, social movements and allies. Ensures that our messages / positions and learning from our practice and research are heard externally through all forms of media and in key policy spaces Leads and manages an international climate justice team that works in close collaboration and complementarity with other Global Secretariat (GS) areas and Federation countries and members.
Who we’re looking for
- An advanced University degree or significant experience in leading, designing and implementing climate justice programmes and policy work with an HRBA and intersectional feminist approach.
- Have substantial experience with public speaking and business writing for at least 10 years.
- Extensive experience of working with the climate justice, social and feminist movements internationally.
- Deep knowledge of the key actors and institutions, the power dynamics involved – with a critical understanding of how ActionAid can play its roles most effectively.
- Comprehensive and progressive understanding of international climate justice issues, including both historical and contemporary debates in different regions.
What we offer
ActionAid is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done. Offering a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment. At ActionAid, you can look forward to
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- A workplace that embraces intersectional feminist principles
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Over 4 weeks holiday a year
How to apply
Please click this link https://actionaidinternational.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=62on and use the “apply” button to start the application process. Please upload an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in Johannesburg at the time of appointment.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted- usually within 2 weeks of the closing date.