Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Are you an inspiring, visible, collaborative leader that encourages integration and supports their teams to succeed?
Do you have experience of managing the performance of others and helping people to develop, grow and achieve their potential?
Do you have demonstrable experience of innovation and developing entrepreneurial strategies?
If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you.
As Head of Ecommerce & Retail Innovation, you will provide strategic direction and leadership in line with our feminist approach and values.
You will lead a team with responsibility for the implementation and development of our e-commerce and stock strategy to maximise financial contribution and to drive income across alternative market-places.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to the values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do and our feminist principles.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- An inspiring, visible, collaborative leader that encourages integration and supports their teams to succeed.
- Experience of managing performance of others and helping people to develop, grow and achieve their potential, including increasing diversity and inclusion in teams and / or workplaces, and creating positive change in work culture, processes, and practices.
- Lived experience (s) or evidence of learning/taking action on anti-racism and inequalities.
- Demonstrable experience of innovation and developing entrepreneurial strategies, hitting challenging income targets, and managing budgets.
- Strong drive to achieve results, interprets the mission and strategy into clear and achievable plans. Monitoring the success of these plans and building on successes and dealing with failures.
- A high level of commercial awareness is essential, and an understanding of the changing world of retail including the current challenges and opportunities that exist within the retail sector.
- Must have high levels of resilience and the ability to effectively manage priorities and own workload.
- A full, clean driving license.
This role will give you an opportunity to work with a group of passionate people with fair pay and competitive benefits package.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a job share or fully or partially home-based.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.