The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kabul, Afghanistan.
As Head of Finance you are responsible for the Finance Staff (Accountants, Finance Assistants) and all financial and administrative processes in Welthungerhilfe’s Afghanistan programmes and projects. You will implement financial management standards efficiently and promptly, thereby making a significant contribution towards the success of the programme work.
- Ensuring that all financial administrative processes in the Country Office (CO) are auditable and run efficiently through appropriate organisational measures
- Checking and supporting budget planning and adjustment of the projects (own and donor funds)
- Managing internal and external audits of projects and partner organizations
- Checking of partner agreements taking into account the capacity of the partners and the donor regulations
- Controlling and supervising liquidity planning of the projects and internal fund requests
- Conducting needs analysis for compliance agreements of all projects
- Evaluating financial and administrative requirements of new donors
- Budget planning of the CO budget and preparation of the cost and financing plan, as well as supporting the Country Director in monitoring the budget
- Instructing and supporting projects and project partner organisations in matters relating to financial management so that they fulfil their contractual obligations towards Welthungerhilfe and co-financers
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field e.g. finance and/or accounting
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the same or an equivalent position, preferably in the region
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills, especially in financial management
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Experience with German donor regulations would be an asset
- Proven negotiation skills and intercultural competence
- Excellent spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
**Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 22, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Barbara Kuersten. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.