Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the**- Head of Rewards in London or any existing Save the Children office location.**
The jobholder is responsible for developing and delivering a high quality reward service at both strategy and operational levels, specifically:
- To provide global leadership on reward strategy and best practices, including developing a new global reward framework with particular focus on international contracts and mobility, to take the organisation on to its next phase of evolution, driving improvement and innovation and ensuring regional and country offices are provided with the support and tools they need to appropriately reward their employees.
- To provide subject matter expertise/centre of excellence service for the approx. 400 London based staff, 600 staff worldwide on international contracts, and local staff in our 60 programming countries
- Work with Regional HR Directors around the world to build the capability of line managers and country HR Managers/Directors in relation to reward.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Minimum: BA/BSc level university degree or equivalent experience, CIPD qualification in Human Resources/Reward desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: –
- Significant experience of developing reward strategies, frameworks, policies, processes and packages, much of which must have been applied in an international context
- Proven skills and experience in the development and application of reward approaches in a complex matrixed global organisation and ability to apply this within an international non-governmental organisation
- Highly developed communication skills both written and oral in order to establish effective relationships with internal and external audiences, including at a geographical distance
- A strong track record of influencing and presenting at senior executive level
- The ability to think strategically, to identify the key people/reward practice implications of the organisation’s plans and to proactively create an integrated approach.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other HR and management colleagues across the Save the Children family including well developed influencing skills.
- Highly developed research and analytical skills
- Highly numerate with the ability to interpret statistical and financial data and to undertake detailed costings and recommendations
- Proven ability to identify, commission, interpret and utilise salary survey and other benchmarking tools
- An understanding of and commitment to the work and international context of Save the Children
- Experience of working with a high degree of autonomy on large projects working with significant levels of ambiguity around the process; ability to be self-supporting
- A good understanding of budget and financial processes and the ability to work in a cost effective way.
We can offer circa £60,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work – Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=dGFuaWEuZHVnZ2FsLjY1MjE5LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ