Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as The Head of Human Resources, Admin & IT. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in Kenya & Madagascar, the role holder share the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office. The Head of HR, Admin & IT in his/her capacity is responsible for managing the human resource, administration and IT functions of the Country Office and the direction, supervision, capacity-building and evaluation of staff, in both emergency and development settings.
Qualification and Experience
- Recommended a minimum of 7 years of management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience in the development and implementation of strategic and operational HR and/or Administration plans through a number of planning cycles.
- Post-Graduate qualifications in Personnel Management or Business Administration (MBA) with specialisation in Human Resources.
- Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Similar skills in Kiswahili and other local languages an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to Save the Children’s field offices and operational areas on a regular basis
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead during through periods of change.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise, delegate, coach and mentor both individuals and teams.
- Analytical, with demonstrated ability to make difficult decisions.
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff
- Team building skills
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uNTk0NTIuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t