The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kabul, Afghanistan.
As Head of Programmes in Afghanistan, you will support the development, implementation and monitoring of Welthungerhilfe’s multiannual country programme in Afghanistan. You will maximize the impact of Welthungerhilfe on the basis of Welthungerhilfe’s strategy and quality standards and consequently will play a critical tole in Welthungerhilfe’s fight against hunger in Afghanistan.
- Monitoring humanitarian needs and trends in the operating environment in Afghanistan and especially in the areas of Welthungerhilfe operations
- Identifying, examining and assessing new project ideas according to the observed needs and the Welthungerhilfe country strategy
- Ensuring quality and compliant programme work, supported by appropriate MEAL measures and timely reporting to head office and to donors
- Supporting programme development by leading or contributing towards needs assessments, concept notes and project proposals
- Supporting Area Managers, Heads of Project and Partner Organizations as needed with technical and project management
- Guiding, contributing to or overseeing the production of workplans, budgets, and other relevant project documentation, including support to ensure successful completion of projects as well as compliance with Welthungerhilfe quality standards
- Representing Welthungerhilfe externally to coordinate programme approaches and project activities with partners and other stakeholders
- A university or polytechnic degree in international/rural development, nutrition, agriculture, project management, or a related field
- At least 3-5 years of programme management experience in humanitarian or development programming, preferably in the region
- Experience with project implementation by partners would be an advantage
- Experience with German donor regulations would be an advantage (BMZ, German Federal Foreign Office)
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and a willingness to work in difficult settings
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
- Fluency in English is required, and a very good command of both written and spoken German would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
**Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 22, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Barbara Kuersten. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.